How to invest in the Deliveroo IPO from Australia
Deliveroo is set to go public, here's what you need to know if you're looking to buy in.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
British delivery company Deliveroo could be conducting an initial public offering soon. We'll update this page as new information emerges.
What we know about the Deliveroo IPO
Deliveroo, based in London, is a delivery service who may be in talks to conduct an initial public offering, according to a company statement. Deliveroo raised US$180 million in a recent funding round that values it at about US$7 billion.
No price range or timing has been set for the deal, but we will provide updates as this information becomes available.
How to buy shares in Deliveroo when it goes public
Once Deliveroo goes public, you'll need a brokerage account with access to UK markets to invest. Consider opening a brokerage account today so you're ready as soon as the stock hits the market. You can select from one of the brokers listed below (eToro offers UK stocks via CFDs) or follow the steps and check out our comparison table below for more options.
- Compare share trading platforms. If you're a beginner, look for a platform with low commissions, expert ratings and investment tools to track your portfolio. Narrow down top brands with our comparison table.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and bank information. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Deliveroo. Find the stock by name or ticker symbol. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy immediately with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Deliveroo reaches your desired price. To spread out your purchase, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Deliveroo, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Deliveroo. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How do similar companies perform?
It's impossible to predict how any stock will perform — and IPOs can be particularly volatile. But evaluating the performance of companies like Deliveroo can be useful in determining how the market is performing and whether now is a good time to invest in this industry. Select a company to learn more about what they do and how their stock performs, including market capitalisation, the price-to-earnings (P/E) ratio, price/earnings-to-growth (PEG) ratio and dividend yield. While this list includes a selection of the most well-known and popular stocks, it doesn't include every stock available.
Compare share trading platforms to buy stock
More guides on Finder
Kiwi broker Sharesies launches 1 cent ASX share trading in Australia
You can now invest as little as 1 cent into Australian, NZ and US shares. Here's why that's a game changer.
Should you buy Coinbase shares?
Coinbase is set to be one of the most anticipated public listings of 2021, but this is no normal IPO. Here's what you need to know.
Bitcoin price sets record above $84,000 lifting these coins with it
The cryptocurrency market has set a number of records today as Bitcoin sets a new all time high bringing an end to 3 months of sideways price.
Coinbase IPO: Which brokers are selling Coinbase shares in Australia?
Coinbase is set to list in the United States overnight on Wednesday. These are the brokers that will be offering COIN stock on the day.
How to invest in the Didi Chuxing IPO from Australia
Everything we know about the Didi Chuxing IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Deal alert: Last chance to buy a $19 SodaStream from eBay
This week's eBay Tuesdays sale includes $19 SodaStreams and $230 off Go Pro Hero 8 action cams. Here's how to get the deals.
Bendigo Invest Direct share trading review
Your in-depth review of the Bendigo Invest Direct share trading platform and what it offers for Aussie investors.
How to buy Robinhood stock from Australia
Robinhood is set to go public as soon as June. Here's what you need to do to buy in from Australia.
Ask an Expert