How to buy Deep Yellow (DYL) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Deep Yellow shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Deep Yellow Limited is an uranium business based in Australia. Deep Yellow shares (DYL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Deep Yellow has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $56,758. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Deep Yellow
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Deep Yellow . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DYL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Deep Yellow reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Deep Yellow . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Deep Yellow key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Deep Yellow stock a buy or sell?
- Deep Yellow performance over time
- Are Deep Yellow shares over-valued?
- Deep Yellow 's financials
- How volatile are Deep Yellow shares?
- Does Deep Yellow pay a dividend?
- Have Deep Yellow shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Deep Yellow stock price (ASX:DYL)Use our graph to track the performance of DYL stocks over time.
Deep Yellow shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.22 - $0.98|
|50-day moving average||$0.7157|
|200-day moving average||$0.7224|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.012|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Deep Yellow stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Deep Yellow price performance over time
|1 month (2021-07-01)||25.87%|
|3 months (2021-04-30)||36.36%|
|5 years (2016-07-27)||inf%|
Is Deep Yellow under- or over-valued?
Valuing Deep Yellow stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Deep Yellow 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Deep Yellow 's P/E ratio
Deep Yellow 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 60x. In other words, Deep Yellow shares trade at around 60x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Deep Yellow 's EBITDA
Deep Yellow 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Deep Yellow 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Deep Yellow financials
|Operating margin TTM||4779.96%|
|Gross profit TTM||$77,199|
|Return on assets TTM||3.39%|
|Return on equity TTM||5.98%|
|Market capitalisation||$240.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Deep Yellow share dividends
We're not expecting Deep Yellow to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Deep Yellow 's shares ever split?
Deep Yellow 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 1 March 2017. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Deep Yellow shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Deep Yellow shares which in turn could have impacted Deep Yellow 's share price.
Deep Yellow share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Deep Yellow 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.22 up to $0.98. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Deep Yellow 's is 0.8067. This would suggest that Deep Yellow 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Deep Yellow overview
Deep Yellow Limited operates as a uranium exploration company in Namibia. The company holds a 100% interest in the Reptile Uranium project, which covers an area of 896 square kilometers (km2); 65% interest in the Nova Joint Venture covering an area of 599 km2; and 85% interest in the Yellow Dune Joint Venture covering an area of 190 km2. It is also involved in the iron ore exploration and property investment businesses. The company was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Subiaco, Australia.
Stocks similar to Deep Yellow
Deep Yellow in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Shopping.io (SPI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Shopping.io (SPI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert