How to buy Deep Yellow shares
Own Deep Yellow shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Deep Yellow Limited is an uranium business based in Australia. Deep Yellow shares (DYL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Deep Yellow has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $77,199..
How to buy shares in Deep Yellow
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Deep Yellow . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DYL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Deep Yellow reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.32, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Deep Yellow . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Deep Yellow key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Deep Yellow stock a buy or sell?
- Deep Yellow performance over time
- Are Deep Yellow shares over-valued?
- Deep Yellow 's financials
- How volatile are Deep Yellow shares?
- Does Deep Yellow pay a dividend?
- Have Deep Yellow shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Deep Yellow share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DYL stocks over time.
Deep Yellow shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.105 - $0.37|
|50-day moving average||$0.3008|
|200-day moving average||$0.2549|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.012|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Deep Yellow stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Deep Yellow price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-47.11%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-36.00%|
|3 months (2020-10-20)||1.59%|
|6 months (2020-07-20)||30.61%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||18.52%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||-28.89%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||12.28%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||77.78%|
Is Deep Yellow under- or over-valued?
Valuing Deep Yellow stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Deep Yellow 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Deep Yellow 's P/E ratio
Deep Yellow 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 27x. In other words, Deep Yellow shares trade at around 27x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Deep Yellow 's EBITDA
Deep Yellow 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.8 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Deep Yellow 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Deep Yellow financials
|Operating margin TTM||3425.05%|
|Gross profit TTM||$77,199|
|Return on assets TTM||3.4%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.03%|
|Market capitalisation||$77.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Deep Yellow share dividends
We're not expecting Deep Yellow to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Deep Yellow 's shares ever split?
Deep Yellow 's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 2 March 2017. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Deep Yellow shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Deep Yellow shares which in turn could have impacted Deep Yellow 's share price.
Deep Yellow share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Deep Yellow 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.105 up to $0.37. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Deep Yellow 's is 0.3812. This would suggest that Deep Yellow 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Deep Yellow overview
Deep Yellow Limited operates as a uranium exploration company in Namibia. The company holds a 100% interest in the Reptile Uranium project, which covers an area of 896 square kilometers (km2); 65% interest in the Nova Joint Venture covering an area of 599 km2; and 85% interest in the Yellow Dune Joint Venture covering an area of 190 km2. It is also involved in the iron ore exploration and property investment businesses. The company was incorporated in 1985 and is headquartered in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$51.73
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$52.92
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$103.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$23.84
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$88.09
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$16.16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$75.2
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$50.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Deep Yellow units | A$9.4
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert