How to buy DataDot Technology shares | A$0.008
Own DataDot Technology shares in just a few minutes.
DataDot Technology Limited is a security & protection services business based in Australia. DataDot Technology shares (DDT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.008 – an increase of 14.29% over the previous week. DataDot Technology has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $3.8 million.
How to buy shares in DataDot Technology
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for DataDot Technology . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DDT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until DataDot Technology reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.008, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of DataDot Technology . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted DataDot Technology 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, DataDot Technology 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.008, which is 12.50% up on its pre-crash value of $0.007 and 100.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.004.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of DataDot Technology shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $571.43 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,142.86.
DataDot Technology share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DDT stocks over time.
DataDot Technology shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.008|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.003 - AUDA$0.011|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0057|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0046|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy DataDot Technology stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
DataDot Technology price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||33.33%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||100.00%|
|3 months (2020-06-21)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||100.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-21)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||220.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||60.00%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-55.56%|
Is DataDot Technology under- or over-valued?
Valuing DataDot Technology stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of DataDot Technology 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
DataDot Technology 's EBITDA
DataDot Technology 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $525 (£292).
The EBITDA is a measure of a DataDot Technology 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
DataDot Technology financials
|Revenue TTM||$3.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.82%|
|Return on equity TTM||2.89%|
|Market capitalisation||$9.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
DataDot Technology share dividends
We're not expecting DataDot Technology to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
DataDot Technology share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, DataDot Technology 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.003 up to $0.011. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while DataDot Technology 's is 1.694. This would suggest that DataDot Technology 's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
DataDot Technology overview
DataDot Technology Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides asset identification, management, protection, and authentication solutions to governments, police, insurance companies, and blue-chip customer base within the automotive industry in Australasia, the Americas, and Europe. The company operates in two segments, DataDotDNA and DataTraceID. It manufactures and distributes asset identification systems, including DataDotDNA polymer and metallic microdots; asset registers, which are databases that record asset identification data and are accessible by law enforcement agencies and insurance investigators; and security DataTraceID authentication solutions. The company also provides theft deterrence solutions, including ToolMate that protects tools, as well as deters thieves using the microdot identification technology; and PartMate, which protects stock by combining microdots with encoded serial numbers and a hidden tracer that can be viewed with a black-light. In addition, it offers authentication solutions for liability reduction, warranty claims, counterfeit detection, track and trace, grey market/diversion, supply chain management, enhanced packaging, retail loss prevention, credentials/ID cards, and document security. Additionally, the company offers DataDotDNA National Register, a law enforcement resource center that allows customers to verify the original owner of assets protected by DataDotDNA. It also operates as a re-seller of PadJack's range of network security products. The company sells its products through a network of distributors in 28 countries. DataDot Technology Limited is based in Frenchs Forest, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert