How to buy Datadog (DDOG) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Datadog shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Datadog Inc is a software-application business with stocks listed in the US. Datadog shares (DDOG) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$130.91 – a decrease of 3.12% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in Datadog
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Datadog. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DDOG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Datadog reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$178.93, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Datadog, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Datadog. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Datadog stock price (NASDAQ:DDOG)Use our graph to track the performance of DDOG stocks over time.
Datadog shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$69.73 - US$199.675|
|50-day moving average||US$172.6018|
|200-day moving average||US$130.0904|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-0.144|
Where to buy Datadog stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Datadog stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Datadog price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-13)||-3.12%|
|1 month (2021-12-21)||-26.24%|
|3 months (2021-10-20)||-17.59%|
|6 months (2021-07-21)||20.78%|
|1 year (2021-01-21)||26.68%|
|2 years (2020-01-21)||218.28%|
Stocks similar to Datadog
Is Datadog under- or over-valued?
Valuing Datadog stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Datadog's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Datadog's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is US$734,000 (£540,591).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Datadog's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||US$880.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$473.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.14%|
|Return on equity TTM||-4.66%|
|Market capitalisation||US$43.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Datadog share dividends
We're not expecting Datadog to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Datadog share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Datadog's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$69.73 up to US$199.675. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Datadog's is 1.0026. This would suggest that Datadog's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Datadog, Inc. provides monitoring and analytics platform for developers, information technology operations teams, and business users in the cloud in North America and internationally. The company's SaaS platform integrates and automates infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring, log management, and security monitoring to provide real-time observability of customers technology stack. Its platform also provides user experience and network performance monitoring, incident management, and various shared features, such as sophisticated dashboards, advanced analytics, collaboration tools, and alerting capabilities. The company was incorporated in 2010 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
Datadog in the news
Datadog Announces Date of Fourth Quarter and Fiscal Year 2021 Earnings Call
Netflix quietly admits streaming competition is eating into growth
Docusign, Zoom, Moderna become the worst performing Nasdaq stocks
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
RAT scams: How to avoid getting conned with rapid antigen tests
Don't fall for the scam artists when you're trying to protect your health - here's what to check.
How to do a COVID-19 test at home for international travel
Here's where you can book COVID-19 at-home tests approved for travel and how they work.
Where to shop every product in Kiernan Shipka’s beauty routine
We've rounded up everything you need to nail the 'date-worthy' makeup look, including some affordable dupes.
American Express Corporate Gold Card
Designed for big companies, this Amex charge card offers a mix of management tools and perks – including a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
Beauty Product of the Week: Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer
We tried the viral Milk Makeup Hydro Grip Primer and spoiler alert, it's the bee's knees.
Where to watch Hotel Transylvania 4 online for free in Australia
Drac and the Pack are back, like you’ve never seen them before.
Dyson V12 Detect Slim review: Baby love, my baby love
A delightful compact vacuum with an unjustifiable price.
Stan Event: Streaming platform joins pay-per-view ranks
A new player enters the Australian sports broadcast market.
Amazon Echo Buds (2nd Gen) review: Fine if you’re already trapped by Bezos
The Amazon Echo Buds 2 are a solid addition to your earholes if you’re already integrated in the Alexa ecosystem. But if you’re not, its hard to find anything here that really stands out.
Ask an Expert