How to buy Dampier Gold shares | A$0.03
Own Dampier Gold shares in just a few minutes.
Dampier Gold Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Dampier Gold shares (DAU) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.03 – the same closing value as a week prior. Dampier Gold has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $26,278.
How to buy shares in Dampier Gold
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Dampier Gold . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DAU. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Dampier Gold reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.03, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Dampier Gold . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted Dampier Gold 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Dampier Gold 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.03, which is 23.33% up on its pre-crash value of $0.023 and 76.47% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.017.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Dampier Gold shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $818.18 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,363.64.
Dampier Gold share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DAU stocks over time.
Dampier Gold shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.03|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.014 - AUDA$0.04|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0329|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0282|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.011|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Dampier Gold stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Dampier Gold price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||0%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-14.29%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||3.45%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||50.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-25)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-09-25)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-23.08%|
|5 years (2015-09-25)||N/A|
Dampier Gold financials
|Gross profit TTM||$37,066|
|Return on assets TTM||-39.32%|
|Return on equity TTM||-70.71%|
|Market capitalisation||$5.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Dampier Gold share dividends
We're not expecting Dampier Gold to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Dampier Gold share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Dampier Gold 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.014 up to $0.04. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Dampier Gold 's is -0.4596. This would suggest that Dampier Gold 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Dampier Gold has bucked the trend.
Dampier Gold overview
Dampier Gold Limited engages in the exploration and evaluation of mineral properties in Australia. It holds a 100% interest in the Ruby Plains gold project covering an area of approximately 800 square kilometers of tenements located in the East Kimberley region of Western Australia. The company also holds interests in the Menzies project tenement covering an area of approximately 196 square kilometers and Goongarrie project tenement in Perth, Western Australia. Dampier Gold Limited was founded in 2010 and is based in Twin Waters, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert