How to buy Dacian Gold shares | A$0.325
Own Dacian Gold shares in just a few minutes.
Dacian Gold Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Dacian Gold shares (DCN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.325 – a decrease of 2.99% over the previous week. Dacian Gold has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $274.9 million.
How to buy shares in Dacian Gold
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Dacian Gold . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: DCN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Dacian Gold reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.325, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Dacian Gold . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Dacian Gold share priceUse our graph to track the performance of DCN stocks over time.
Dacian Gold shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.325|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.29 - AUDA$1.755|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.3414|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.5531|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.013|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Dacian Gold stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Dacian Gold price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-23)||-2.99%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-1.52%|
|3 months (2020-06-30)||-26.97%|
|6 months (2020-03-30)||-76.79%|
|1 year (2019-09-30)||-76.45%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-85.43%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-83.75%|
|5 years (2015-09-30)||-51.81%|
Is Dacian Gold under- or over-valued?
Valuing Dacian Gold stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Dacian Gold 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Dacian Gold 's P/E ratio
Dacian Gold 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 108x. In other words, Dacian Gold shares trade at around 108x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Dacian Gold 's EBITDA
Dacian Gold 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $67.8 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Dacian Gold 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Dacian Gold financials
|Revenue TTM||$274.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||9.18%|
|Gross profit TTM||$23.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||4.65%|
|Return on equity TTM||-48.74%|
|Market capitalisation||$183.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Dacian Gold share dividends
We're not expecting Dacian Gold to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Dacian Gold share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Dacian Gold 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.29 up to $1.755. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Dacian Gold 's is -1.338. This would suggest that Dacian Gold 's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Dacian Gold has bucked the trend.
Dacian Gold overview
Dacian Gold Limited engages in the exploration, mining, and processing of gold properties in Australia. It primarily focuses on its 100% owned Mount Morgans Gold project located in the Western Australia. The company was incorporated in 2011 and is based in Como, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert