We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
CytoDyn Inc is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. CytoDyn shares (CYDY) are listed on the OTCQB and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$2.82 – an increase of 0.36% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in CytoDyn
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for CytoDyn. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CYDY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until CytoDyn reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$2.82, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of CytoDyn, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of CytoDyn. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
CytoDyn share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CYDY stocks over time.
CytoDyn shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$0.79 - US$10.01|
|50-day moving average||US$4.5191|
|200-day moving average||US$3.8679|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-0.188|
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy CytoDyn stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
CytoDyn price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-15)||-45.77%|
|1 month (2020-12-23)||-44.71%|
|3 months (2020-10-23)||14.63%|
|6 months (2020-07-23)||-50.35%|
|1 year (2020-01-23)||161.11%|
|2 years (2019-01-23)||458.42%|
|3 years (2018-01-23)||394.74%|
|5 years (2016-01-22)||161.11%|
|Gross profit TTM||US$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-77.37%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||US$3 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
CytoDyn share dividends
We're not expecting CytoDyn to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
CytoDyn share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, CytoDyn's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$0.79 up to US$10.01. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (OTCQB average) beta is 1, while CytoDyn's is -0.6261. This would suggest that CytoDyn's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, CytoDyn has bucked the trend.
CytoDyn Inc., a late-stage biotechnology company, focuses on the clinical development and commercialization of humanized monoclonal antibodies to treat human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection. Its lead product is PRO 140, a therapeutic anti-viral agent, which is in Phase IIb extension study for HIV as monotherapy, rollover study for HIV as a combination therapy, Phase IIb/III investigative trial for HIV, Phase Ib/II trial for triple-negative breast cancer, and Phase II trial for graft-versus-host disease. CytoDyn Inc. has strategic agreement with Samsung BioLogics Co. Ltd. for the clinical and commercial manufacturing of leronlimab. The company was formerly known as RexRay Corporation. CytoDyn Inc. was incorporated in 2002 and is based in Vancouver, Washington.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Best moisturiser for dry skin in Australia
From the best overall face moisturiser for dry skin to the best body moisturiser, hand moisturiser and tinted moisturiser for dry skin, these are the best 7 moisturisers for dry skin you can buy in Australia right now.
Best RC planes in Australia
From the best RC plane for beginners to the top model for aerial photography, these are the six best RC planes in Australia right now.
How to buy CytoDyn units | A$51.65
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy CytoDyn units | A$52.8
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy CytoDyn units | A$104.04
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy CytoDyn units | A$24.04
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy CytoDyn units | A$89.5
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy CytoDyn units | A$16.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy CytoDyn units | A$73.79
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy CytoDyn units | A$51.56
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
Ask an Expert