We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
CytoDyn Inc is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. CytoDyn shares (CYDY) are listed on the OTCQB and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$4.28 – a decrease of -INF% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in CytoDyn
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for CytoDyn. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CYDY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until CytoDyn reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$4.28, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of CytoDyn, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of CytoDyn. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
CytoDyn share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CYDY stocks over time.
CytoDyn shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$0.911 - US$10.01|
|50-day moving average||US$4.2794|
|200-day moving average||US$3.8318|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-0.188|
Compare share trading platforms to buy stock
Is it a good time to buy CytoDyn stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
CytoDyn price performance over time
|1 week (2021-04-15)||40.33%|
|1 month (2021-03-23)||86.09%|
|3 months (2021-01-22)||-14.49%|
|6 months (2020-10-22)||59.70%|
|1 year (2020-04-22)||63.58%|
|2 years (2019-04-22)||866.14%|
|3 years (2018-04-20)||739.22%|
|5 years (2016-04-22)||241.04%|
|Gross profit TTM||US$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-77.37%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||US$1.4 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
CytoDyn share dividends
We're not expecting CytoDyn to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
CytoDyn share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, CytoDyn's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$0.911 up to US$10.01. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (OTCQB average) beta is 1, while CytoDyn's is -0.4957. This would suggest that CytoDyn's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, CytoDyn has bucked the trend.
CytoDyn Inc. operates as a late-stage biotechnology company. The company focuses on developing treatments for multiple therapeutic indications based on leronlimab, a novel humanized monoclonal antibody targeting the CCR5 receptor. Its Leronlimab is in a class of therapeutic monoclonal antibodies designed to address unmet medical needs in the areas of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), cancer, immunology, and novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19). It has completed a Phase 3 pivotal trial with leronlimab in combination with antiretroviral therapies in HIV-infected treatment-experienced patients, as well as completed a Phase 3 investigative trial with leronlimab as a once-weekly monotherapy for HIV-infected patients. The company is also conducting a Phase 1b/2 clinical trial with leronlimab in metastatic triple-negative breast cancer. In addition, the company targets leronlimab treatment as a therapy for patients who experience respiratory complications as a result of contracting COVID-19, as well as Leronlimab for the prevention of graft-versus-host disease in patient. The company was formerly known as RexRay Corporation. CytoDyn Inc. was incorporated in 2002 and is based in Vancouver, Washington.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Didi Chuxing IPO from Australia
Everything we know about the Didi Chuxing IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Robinhood stock from Australia
Robinhood is set to go public as soon as June. Here's what you need to do to buy in from Australia.
How to build a DIY Raspberry Pi arcade machine for retro gaming
We explain everything you need to make your own retro arcade machine, built around the super-flexible Raspberry Pi.
International money transfer services
Beat the banks, find the best exchange rates and avoid fees when you send money abroad from Australia.
How to buy Roblox (RBLX) shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing Roblox shares.
How to invest in the Deliveroo IPO from Australia
Everything we know about the Deliveroo IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy CytoDyn shares
Steps to owning and managing Zebit shares.
How to buy CytoDyn shares
Steps to owning and managing CleanSpace shares.
How to buy CytoDyn shares
Steps to owning and managing Benz Mining shares.
Ask an Expert