How to buy Cynata Therapeutics shares
Own Cynata Therapeutics shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cynata Therapeutics Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Cynata Therapeutics shares (CYP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Cynata Therapeutics has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $7 million.
How to buy shares in Cynata Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cynata Therapeutics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CYP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cynata Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.83, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cynata Therapeutics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Cynata Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Cynata Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- Cynata Therapeutics performance over time
- Cynata Therapeutics's financials
- How volatile are Cynata Therapeutics shares?
- Does Cynata Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Have Cynata Therapeutics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Cynata Therapeutics's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Cynata Therapeutics's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.83, which is 23.15% down on its pre-crash value of $1.08 and 43.10% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.58.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Cynata Therapeutics shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $581.39 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $772.09.
Cynata Therapeutics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CYP stocks over time.
Cynata Therapeutics shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.58 - $1.3|
|50-day moving average||$0.7443|
|200-day moving average||$0.791|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.085|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Cynata Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cynata Therapeutics price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||7.79%|
|1 month (2020-12-15)||16.90%|
|3 months (2020-10-15)||-2.92%|
|6 months (2020-07-15)||37.19%|
|1 year (2020-01-15)||-31.69%|
|2 years (2019-01-15)||-38.06%|
|3 years (2018-01-15)||43.10%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||201.82%|
Cynata Therapeutics financials
|Revenue TTM||$7 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-14.72%|
|Return on equity TTM||-26.22%|
|Market capitalisation||$105.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cynata Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting Cynata Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Cynata Therapeutics's shares ever split?
Cynata Therapeutics's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 31 October 2013. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Cynata Therapeutics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Cynata Therapeutics shares which in turn could have impacted Cynata Therapeutics's share price.
Cynata Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cynata Therapeutics's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.58 up to $1.3. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cynata Therapeutics's is 0.4178. This would suggest that Cynata Therapeutics's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Cynata Therapeutics overview
Cynata Therapeutics Limited, together with its subsidiaries, develops and commercializes a proprietary mesenchymal stem cell technology under the Cymerus brand for human therapeutic use in Australia. The company's lead therapeutic product candidate is CYP-001, which has completed Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of graft versus host disease. It also develops products for the treatment of asthma, heart attack, diabetic wounds, coronary artery disease, acute respiratory distress syndrome, brain cancer, melanoma, sepsis, osteoarthritis, and critical limb ischemia, which are in a preclinical model. The company has a partnership with Monash University, University of Sydney, the Cooperative Research Centre for Cell Therapy Manufacturing, University of New South Wales, Critical Care Research Group, Massachusetts General Hospital, and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland to develop stem cell therapies. It also has a strategic partnership with Fujifilm Corporation of Japan for the development and research of Cymerus technology. The company was formerly known as Eco Quest Limited and changed its name to Cynata Therapeutics Limited in October 2013. Cynata Therapeutics Limited was founded in 2011 and is based in Carlton, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Cynata Therapeutics units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert