How to buy Cynata Therapeutics (CYP) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Cynata Therapeutics shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cynata Therapeutics Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Cynata Therapeutics shares (CYP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Cynata Therapeutics has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Cynata Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cynata Therapeutics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CYP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cynata Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cynata Therapeutics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Cynata Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Cynata Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- Cynata Therapeutics performance over time
- Cynata Therapeutics's financials
- How volatile are Cynata Therapeutics shares?
- Does Cynata Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Have Cynata Therapeutics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Cynata Therapeutics stock price (ASX:CYP)Use our graph to track the performance of CYP stocks over time.
Cynata Therapeutics shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.47 - $0.81|
|50-day moving average||$0.5774|
|200-day moving average||$0.5724|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.059|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Cynata Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cynata Therapeutics price performance over time
|1 week (2021-11-26)||1.00%|
|1 month (2021-11-04)||-13.68%|
|3 months (2021-09-03)||-5.61%|
|6 months (2021-06-04)||-12.93%|
|1 year (2020-12-04)||-35.26%|
|2 years (2019-12-04)||-50.49%|
|3 years (2018-12-04)||-50.49%|
|5 years (2016-12-02)||-27.34%|
Cynata Therapeutics financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-19.85%|
|Return on equity TTM||-34.05%|
|Market capitalisation||$71.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cynata Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting Cynata Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Cynata Therapeutics's shares ever split?
Cynata Therapeutics's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 30 October 2013. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Cynata Therapeutics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Cynata Therapeutics shares which in turn could have impacted Cynata Therapeutics's share price.
Cynata Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cynata Therapeutics's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.47 up to $0.81. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cynata Therapeutics's is 0.3542. This would suggest that Cynata Therapeutics's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Cynata Therapeutics overview
Cynata Therapeutics Limited, together with its subsidiaries, develops and commercializes a proprietary mesenchymal stem cell technology under the Cymerus brand for human therapeutic use in Australia. The company's lead therapeutic product candidate is CYP-001, which has completed Phase I clinical trial for the treatment of graft versus host disease. It also develops CYP-004, which is in Phase III clinical trial used for the treatment of osteoarthritis; and products for the treatment of asthma, heart attack, diabetic wounds, coronary artery disease, acute respiratory distress syndrome, brain cancer, melanoma, sepsis, osteoarthritis, and critical limb ischemia, which are in a preclinical model. Cynata Therapeutics Limited has a strategic partnership with Fujifilm to provide clinical and commercial manufacturing services for, and supply of, Cynata's Cymerus therapeutic mesenchymal stem cell products. The company was formerly known as Eco Quest Limited and changed its name to Cynata Therapeutics Limited in October 2013. Cynata Therapeutics Limited was founded in 2011 and is based in Cremorne, Australia.
Stocks similar to Cynata Therapeutics
Cynata Therapeutics in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Allup Silica IPO
Everything we know about the Allup Silica IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best products to achieve the clean beauty look
From where the no-makeup makeup look meets the model off duty vibe, we've put together a range of no-fuss products you'll love.
Where to watch Moulin Rouge! online in Australia
Every man wanted her – 1 man dared to love her.
How to watch Man United vs Arsenal Premier League live and match preview
Manchester United are scrambling to stay in touch with the top 4 as they host Arsenal this week
12-day advent calendars you can still get before Christmas
From toys to socks to beauty items, these are the top 12-day advent calendars you can still enjoy in the lead up to Christmas.
McDonald’s (MCD) share price, company profile and news
Steps to owning and managing McDonald's shares from in Australia.
Reputation & Christmas parties: Why I won’t be having a festive celebration this year
Reputation + Christmas parties: could it be the potential volcano erupting leaving rands, families and individuals to deal with the fallout?
Pay-as-you-groan: On-demand insurance that pays you $2K for a broken arm
Insurtech Flip has shaken up the insurance industry by launching the first on-demand injury cover in the country.
How to invest in the Qualitas Limited IPO
Everything we know about the Qualitas Limited IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert