How to buy Cue Energy Resources shares
Own Cue Energy Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cue Energy Resources Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Cue Energy Resources shares (CUE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Cue Energy Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $23.9 million..
How to buy shares in Cue Energy Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cue Energy Resources . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CUE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cue Energy Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.18, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cue Energy Resources . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Cue Energy Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Cue Energy Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Cue Energy Resources performance over time
- Are Cue Energy Resources shares over-valued?
- Cue Energy Resources 's financials
- How volatile are Cue Energy Resources shares?
- Does Cue Energy Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Cue Energy Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Cue Energy Resources 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Cue Energy Resources 's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.18, which is 33.33% up on its pre-crash value of $0.12 and 200.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.06.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Cue Energy Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $485.71 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,285.71.
Cue Energy Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CUE stocks over time.
Cue Energy Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.064 - $0.185|
|50-day moving average||$0.1732|
|200-day moving average||$0.1227|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Cue Energy Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cue Energy Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||146.58%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||0%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||44.00%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||16.13%|
|2 years (2019-01-17)||176.92%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||136.84%|
|5 years (2016-01-18)||275.00%|
Is Cue Energy Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Cue Energy Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Cue Energy Resources 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Cue Energy Resources 's P/E ratio
Cue Energy Resources 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 95x. In other words, Cue Energy Resources shares trade at around 95x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Cue Energy Resources 's EBITDA
Cue Energy Resources 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $11.1 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Cue Energy Resources 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Cue Energy Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$23.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||17.51%|
|Gross profit TTM||$11 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.79%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.09%|
|Market capitalisation||$122.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cue Energy Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Cue Energy Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Cue Energy Resources 's shares ever split?
Cue Energy Resources 's shares were split on 15 June 2009.
Cue Energy Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cue Energy Resources 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.064 up to $0.185. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cue Energy Resources 's is 1.1804. This would suggest that Cue Energy Resources 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Cue Energy Resources overview
Cue Energy Resources Limited explores for, develops, and produces petroleum. It explores for oil and gas through its projects located in Indonesia, Australia, and New Zealand. The company was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$52.85
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$102.44
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$23.63
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$87.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$15.95
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$74.8
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$50.64
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Cue Energy Resources units | A$9.36
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert