How to buy CTI Logistics shares | A$0.605
Own CTI Logistics shares in just a few minutes.
CTI Logistics Limited is an integrated freight & logistics business based in Australia. CTI Logistics shares (CLX) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.605 – an increase of 8.04% over the previous week. CTI Logistics has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $216 million.
How to buy shares in CTI Logistics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for CTI Logistics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CLX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until CTI Logistics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.605, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of CTI Logistics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- CTI Logistics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is CTI Logistics stock a buy or sell?
- CTI Logistics performance over time
- Are CTI Logistics shares over-valued?
- CTI Logistics's financials
- How volatile are CTI Logistics shares?
- Does CTI Logistics pay a dividend?
- Have CTI Logistics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted CTI Logistics's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, CTI Logistics's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.605, which is 30.06% down on its pre-crash value of $0.865 and 31.52% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.46.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of CTI Logistics shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $700.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $756.25.
CTI Logistics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CLX stocks over time.
CTI Logistics shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.605|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.44 - AUDA$0.865|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.5427|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.5296|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.04 (6.9%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.013|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy CTI Logistics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
CTI Logistics price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||8.04%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||8.04%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||8.04%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-25.31%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||-41.26%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-35.29%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-50.41%|
Is CTI Logistics under- or over-valued?
Valuing CTI Logistics stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of CTI Logistics's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
CTI Logistics's P/E ratio
CTI Logistics's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 38x. In other words, CTI Logistics shares trade at around 38x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
CTI Logistics's EBITDA
CTI Logistics's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $15.1 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a CTI Logistics's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
CTI Logistics financials
|Revenue TTM||$216 million|
|Operating margin TTM||2.89%|
|Gross profit TTM||$42.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.06%|
|Return on equity TTM||-5.06%|
|Market capitalisation||$48.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
CTI Logistics share dividends
We're not expecting CTI Logistics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have CTI Logistics's shares ever split?
CTI Logistics's shares were split on a 6:5 basis on 27 May 2012. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 6 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your CTI Logistics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 16.7% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for CTI Logistics shares which in turn could have impacted CTI Logistics's share price.
CTI Logistics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, CTI Logistics's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.44 up to $0.865. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while CTI Logistics's is 0.6994. This would suggest that CTI Logistics's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
CTI Logistics overview
CTI Logistics Limited provides transport and logistics services in Australia. It operates through three segments: Transport, Logistics, and Property. The company offers transport services, such as courier, parcel distribution, taxi truck, fleet management, heavy haulage, line haul, and freight forwarding services. It also provides warehousing and distribution services, including contracted distribution center, overflow warehousing, temperature controlled storage, pick and pack, bulk product storage, external laydown area storage, stock control management, and quarantine inspection and processing services. In addition, the company offers temperature controlled storage, warehousing, and distribution services for wine, and food and health products; and logistical support services to the minerals and energy sector. Further, it provides security systems and services comprising electronic alarms, CCTVs, and access control systems for residential and commercial premises; and records management services consisting of document and archive storage, core sample storage, data and media storage, imaging and scanning, scheduled pickup and deliveries, and document destruction, as well as provides online access to reports and file activities. Additionally, the company offers shredding and recycling services; and wrapping services, including cleaning of plant and equipment, fumigation and spraying services, and sealed quarantine wrapping. The company is also involved in the rental of owner-occupied and investment properties. CTI Logistics Limited was founded in 1974 and is based in West Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert