How to buy Crowd Media Holdings shares
Own Crowd Media Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Crowd Media Holdings Limited is a software—application business based in Australia. Crowd Media Holdings shares (CM8) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Crowd Media Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $16.5 million..
How to buy shares in Crowd Media Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Crowd Media Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CM8. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Crowd Media Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.039, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Crowd Media Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Crowd Media Holdings key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Crowd Media Holdings stock a buy or sell?
- Crowd Media Holdings performance over time
- Crowd Media Holdings's financials
- How volatile are Crowd Media Holdings shares?
- Does Crowd Media Holdings pay a dividend?
- Have Crowd Media Holdings shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Crowd Media Holdings's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Crowd Media Holdings's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.039, which is 41.03% up on its pre-crash value of $0.023 and 290.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.01.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Crowd Media Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $550.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,950.00.
Crowd Media Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CM8 stocks over time.
Crowd Media Holdings shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.01 - $0.039|
|50-day moving average||$0.025|
|200-day moving average||$0.0246|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.021|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Crowd Media Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Crowd Media Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-27.78%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-18.75%|
|3 months (2020-10-19)||18.18%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||56.00%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||77.27%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||8.33%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||-67.50%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||-83.04%|
Crowd Media Holdings financials
|Revenue TTM||$16.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$11.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-8.23%|
|Return on equity TTM||-108.48%|
|Market capitalisation||$13.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Crowd Media Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting Crowd Media Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Crowd Media Holdings's shares ever split?
Crowd Media Holdings's shares were split on a 1:40 basis on 19 December 2014. So if you had owned 40 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Crowd Media Holdings shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 3900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Crowd Media Holdings shares which in turn could have impacted Crowd Media Holdings's share price.
Crowd Media Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Crowd Media Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.01 up to $0.039. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Crowd Media Holdings's is 0.5351. This would suggest that Crowd Media Holdings's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Crowd Media Holdings overview
Crowd Media Holdings Limited, together with its subsidiaries, sells information, entertainment, and content and utility services for mobile phones and tablets in Australasia, Europe, Latin America, and internationally. The company operates through Mobile Content-Q&A, Mobile Content-Subscription, Crowd Direct, and Crowd Media segments. The Mobile Content-Q&A segment provides proprietary micro job platform technology that facilitates Q&A entertainment products through various direct carrier billing, SMS, and app product offerings. The Mobile Content-Subscription segment offers subscription based broad content products, such as mobile security, games, and video portals through an m-payments network. The Crowd Direct segment works with brands and digital influencers to sell products and services. The Crowd Media segment provides social media marketing, digital influencer advertising, and third party affiliate revenues through brands and digital influencer. The company was formerly known as Crowd Mobile Limited and changed its name to Crowd Media Holdings Limited in December 2018. Crowd Media Holdings Limited is headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$51.76
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$52.85
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$102.44
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$23.63
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$87.77
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$15.95
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$74.8
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$50.64
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Crowd Media Holdings units | A$9.36
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert