How to buy Cronos (CRON) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Cronos shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cronos Group Inc is a drug manufacturers-specialty & generic business with stocks listed in the US. Cronos shares (CRON) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$3.93 – a decrease of 3.2% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in Cronos
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Cronos. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CRON. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cronos reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$4.01, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Cronos, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cronos. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Cronos stock price (NASDAQ:CRON)Use our graph to track the performance of CRON stocks over time.
Cronos shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$3.74 - US$15.83|
|50-day moving average||US$4.5532|
|200-day moving average||US$6.5311|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-0.406|
Where to buy Cronos stock
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Cronos stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cronos price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-12)||-2.48%|
|1 month (2021-12-16)||-1.50%|
|6 months (2021-07-19)||-45.11%|
|1 year (2021-01-19)||-64.56%|
|2 years (2020-01-17)||-54.04%|
|3 years (2019-01-18)||-73.62%|
|5 years (2017-01-19)||183.78%|
|Revenue TTM||US$56.6 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$-25,833,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.45%|
|Return on equity TTM||-8.92%|
|Market capitalisation||US$1.5 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cronos share dividends
We're not expecting Cronos to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Cronos share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cronos's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$3.74 up to US$15.83. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Cronos's is 1.4013. This would suggest that Cronos's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Cronos Group Inc. operates as a cannabinoid company. It manufactures, markets, and distributes hemp-derived supplements and cosmetic products through e-commerce, retail, and hospitality partner channels under the Lord Jones and Happy Dance brands in the United States. The company is also involved in the cultivation, manufacture, and marketing of cannabis and cannabis-derived products for the medical and adult-use markets. It sells cannabis and cannabis products, including dried cannabis, pre-rolls, and cannabis extracts through wholesale and direct-to-client channels under its wellness platform, PEACE NATURALS; and operates under two adult-use brands, COVE and Spinach. The company also exports dried cannabis and cannabis oils to Germany, Israel, and Australia. Cronos Group Inc. was founded in 2012 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
Cronos in the news
Microsoft's $68.7 billion deal for Activision once again shows big tech's dominance over legacy media
4 Pot Stocks to Avoid Like the Plague in 2022
7 Marijuana Stocks to Buy Today for Blazing Profits
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Interview: RAQ founder talks Abbie Chatfield swim collection
RAQ Apparel founder Sophia Argyropoulos chats the inspo for Abbie Chatfield swimwear collab and the secret to finding the perfect bikini.
7 ways to elevate your home movie experience [SPONSORED] Turn your low-key movie nights into a main attraction that can keep everyone entertained.
American Express Qantas Corporate Gold Card
With a 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards offer and complimentary Qantas Business Rewards membership, is this the right card for your business?
How to watch Liverpool vs Arsenal Carabao Cup live and free in Australia
Liverpool and Arsenal battle for a place in the League Cup final.
Rapid antigen tests: When will RAT stock be available? [UPDATED]
Rapid antigen tests are proving extremely hard to find, but there are options if you can be patient trying to find a RAT.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in January 2022
You can easily elevate your binge-watching game in the New Year.
Where to watch DC series Peacemaker online in Australia
He believes in peace at any cost – no matter how many people he has to kill to get it.
How to watch Melbourne Renegades vs Melbourne Stars BBL live and match preview
Both Melbourne teams are fighting for their seasons as we embark on derby number 2
10 beauty trends that’ll pop off in 2022
From clean beauty to bedazzled everything, these are the makeup looks will take over 2022 and the products you need to pull them off.
Compare rapid antigen test brands: How do they stack up?
Not all tests are created equal here are the different brands compared.
Ask an Expert