How to buy CRISPR Therapeutics (CRSP) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in CRISPR Therapeutics shares.
Crispr Therapeutics AG is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. CRISPR Therapeutics shares (CRSP) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$71.14 – an increase of 6.61% over the previous week. Here's how to invest if you're based in Australia.
How to buy shares in CRISPR Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company listed in the US from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. Look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, which will typically include your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for CRISPR Therapeutics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CRSP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment that matches your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until CRISPR Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying using consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$71.14, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of CRISPR Therapeutics, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of CRISPR Therapeutics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights.
What's in this guide?
- CRISPR Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is CRISPR Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- CRISPR Therapeutics performance over time
- CRISPR Therapeutics's financials
- How volatile are CRISPR Therapeutics shares?
- Does CRISPR Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Have CRISPR Therapeutics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
CRISPR Therapeutics stock price (NASDAQ:CRSP)Use our graph to track the performance of CRSP stocks over time.
Have CRISPR Therapeutics's shares ever split?
CRISPR Therapeutics's shares were split on a 333333:100 basis on 19 July 2016. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 333333 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your CRISPR Therapeutics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 100% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for CRISPR Therapeutics shares which in turn could have impacted CRISPR Therapeutics's share price.
CRISPR Therapeutics shares at a glance
|52-week range||US$37.55 - US$76.19|
|50-day moving average||US$50.3758|
|200-day moving average||US$52.3052|
|Dividend yield||US$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||US$-4.47|
CRISPR Therapeutics price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-30)||6.61%|
|1 month (2023-11-07)||21.44%|
|3 months (2023-09-07)||44.18%|
|6 months (2023-06-07)||13.32%|
|1 year (2022-12-07)||40.57%|
|2 years (2021-12-07)||-9.25%|
|3 years (2020-12-07)||-52.48%|
|5 years (2018-12-07)||102.91%|
Compare trading platforms to buy CRISPR Therapeutics shares
Is it a good time to buy CRISPR Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
CRISPR Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, CRISPR Therapeutics's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$37.55 up to US$76.19. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while CRISPR Therapeutics's is 1.811. This would suggest that CRISPR Therapeutics's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
CRISPR Therapeutics financials
|Revenue TTM||US$170 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$-570,697,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-11.93%|
|Return on equity TTM||-19.21%|
|Market capitalisation||US$5.7 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
CRISPR Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting CRISPR Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
CRISPR Therapeutics overview
CRISPR Therapeutics AG, a gene editing company, focuses on developing gene-based medicines for serious diseases using its Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR)/CRISPR-associated protein 9 (Cas9) platform. Its CRISPR/Cas9 is a gene editing technology that allows for precise directed changes to genomic DNA. The company has a portfolio of therapeutic programs across a range of disease areas, including hemoglobinopathies, oncology, regenerative medicine, and rare diseases. The company's lead product candidate is CTX001, an ex vivo CRISPR gene-edited therapy for treating patients suffering from transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia or severe sickle cell disease in which a patient's hematopoietic stem cells are engineered to produce high levels of fetal hemoglobin in red blood cells. It also develops CTX110, a donor-derived gene-edited allogeneic CAR-T investigational therapy targeting cluster of differentiation 19; CTX120, a donor-derived gene-edited allogeneic CAR-T investigational therapy targeting B-cell maturation antigen for the treatment of relapsed or refractory multiple myeloma; and CTX130, a donor-derived gene-edited allogeneic CAR-T investigational therapy targeting Cluster of Differentiation 70 to treat various solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. In addition, the company develops VCTX210, a gene-edited immune-evasive stem cell-derived product candidate for the treatment of treatment of type 1 diabetes; and VCTX211, an investigational, allogeneic, gene-edited, stem cell-derived product candidate for the treatment of T1D. It has strategic partnerships with Bayer Healthcare LLC, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, ViaCyte, Inc., Nkarta, Inc., and Capsida Biotherapeutics. CRISPR Therapeutics AG was incorporated in 2013 and is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
Stocks similar to CRISPR Therapeutics
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Shein IPO: How to invest in the Shein IPO
What you need to know about investing in Shein from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Tiger Brokers review for Australians
If you're thinking of trading stocks with Tiger Brokers, check out our review of this online broker's fees, safety and pros and cons first.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Caltex Australia shares
Steps to owning and managing Caltex Australia shares from .
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert