How to buy CRISPR Therapeutics shares
Own CRISPR Therapeutics shares in just a few minutes.
CRISPR Therapeutics AG is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. CRISPR Therapeutics shares (CRSP) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars.
How to buy shares in CRISPR Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for CRISPR Therapeutics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CRSP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until CRISPR Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. Weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of CRISPR Therapeutics, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of CRISPR Therapeutics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- CRISPR Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is CRISPR Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- CRISPR Therapeutics performance over time
- Can I short CRISPR Therapeutics shares?
- Are CRISPR Therapeutics shares over-valued?
- CRISPR Therapeutics's financials
- How volatile are CRISPR Therapeutics shares?
- Does CRISPR Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
CRISPR Therapeutics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CRSP stocks over time.
CRISPR Therapeutics shares at a glance
|52-week range||USD$32.3 - USD$97.824|
|50-day moving average||USD$88.4217|
|200-day moving average||USD$69.4044|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||USD$0.316|
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy CRISPR Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is CRISPR Therapeutics under- or over-valued?
Valuing CRISPR Therapeutics stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of CRISPR Therapeutics's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
CRISPR Therapeutics's P/E ratio
CRISPR Therapeutics's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 124x. In other words, CRISPR Therapeutics shares trade at around 124x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the trailing 12-month P/E ratio for the NASDAQ 100 at the end of 2019 (27.29). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
CRISPR Therapeutics's EBITDA
CRISPR Therapeutics's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is US$2.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a CRISPR Therapeutics's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
CRISPR Therapeutics financials
|Revenue TTM||US$289.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||US$110.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.34%|
|Return on equity TTM||3.06%|
|Market capitalisation||US$5.8 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting CRISPR Therapeutics shares
There are currently 4.5 million CRISPR Therapeutics shares held short by investors – that's known as CRISPR Therapeutics's "short interest". This figure is 1.7% down from 4.5 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting CRISPR Therapeutics shares can be evaluated.
CRISPR Therapeutics's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
CRISPR Therapeutics's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of CRISPR Therapeutics shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of CRISPR Therapeutics shares traded daily (recently around 898585.48387097). CRISPR Therapeutics's SIR currently stands at 4.96. In other words for every 100,000 CRISPR Therapeutics shares traded daily on the market, roughly 4960 shares are currently held short.
However CRISPR Therapeutics's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of CRISPR Therapeutics shares, or, against the total number of tradable CRISPR Therapeutics shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case CRISPR Therapeutics's short interest could be expressed as 0.06% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 CRISPR Therapeutics shares in existence, roughly 60 shares are currently held short) or 0.0722% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable CRISPR Therapeutics shares, roughly 72 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against CRISPR Therapeutics.
Find out more about how you can short CRISPR Therapeutics stock.
CRISPR Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting CRISPR Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
CRISPR Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, CRISPR Therapeutics's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$32.3 up to US$97.824. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while CRISPR Therapeutics's is 2.2717. This would suggest that CRISPR Therapeutics's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
CRISPR Therapeutics overview
CRISPR Therapeutics AG, a gene editing company, focuses on developing transformative gene-based medicines for serious human diseases. It develops its products using Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR)/CRISPR-associated protein 9 (Cas9), a gene editing technology that allows for precise directed changes to genomic DNA. It has a portfolio of therapeutic programs in a range of disease areas, including hemoglobinopathies, oncology, regenerative medicine, and rare diseases. The company's lead product candidate is CTX001, an ex vivo CRISPR gene-edited therapy for treating patients suffering from transfusion-dependent beta thalassemia or severe sickle cell disease in which a patient's hematopoietic stem cells are engineered to produce high levels of fetal hemoglobin in red blood cells. It is also developing CTX110, a donor-derived gene-edited allogeneic CAR-T therapy targeting cluster of differentiation 19 positive malignancies. In addition, the company is developing allogeneic CAR-T programs comprising CTX120 targeting B-cell maturation antigen for the treatment of multiple myeloma; and CTX130 for the treatment of solid tumors and hematologic malignancies. Further, it engages in developing regenerative medicine programs in diabetes; and in vivo and other genetic disease programs to treat glycogen storage disease Ia, Duchenne muscular dystrophy, and cystic fibrosis. The company has strategic partnerships with Bayer Healthcare LLC, Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, and ViaCyte, Inc. CRISPR Therapeutics AG is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert