How to buy Crater Gold Mining (CGN) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Crater Gold Mining shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Crater Gold Mining Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Crater Gold Mining shares (CGN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Crater Gold Mining has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $4,110. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Crater Gold Mining
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Crater Gold Mining. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CGN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Crater Gold Mining reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Crater Gold Mining. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Crater Gold Mining key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Crater Gold Mining stock a buy or sell?
- Crater Gold Mining performance over time
- Crater Gold Mining's financials
- How volatile are Crater Gold Mining shares?
- Does Crater Gold Mining pay a dividend?
- Have Crater Gold Mining shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Crater Gold Mining stock price (ASX:CGN)Use our graph to track the performance of CGN stocks over time.
Crater Gold Mining shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.011 - $0.033|
|50-day moving average||$0.017|
|200-day moving average||$0.0185|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Crater Gold Mining stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Crater Gold Mining price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-10)||0.017|
|1 month (2021-08-17)||0.017|
|3 months (2021-06-17)||0.017|
|6 months (2021-03-17)||-15.00%|
|1 year (2020-09-17)||54.55%|
|2 years (2019-09-17)||6.25%|
|3 years (2018-09-13)||-5.56%|
|5 years (2016-09-16)||-61.63%|
Crater Gold Mining financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-259,404|
|Return on assets TTM||-18.21%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$20.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Crater Gold Mining share dividends
We're not expecting Crater Gold Mining to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Crater Gold Mining's shares ever split?
Crater Gold Mining's shares were split on a 1:100 basis on 29 September 2013. So if you had owned 100 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Crater Gold Mining shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 9900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Crater Gold Mining shares which in turn could have impacted Crater Gold Mining's share price.
Crater Gold Mining share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Crater Gold Mining's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.011 up to $0.033. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Crater Gold Mining's is 1.2457. This would suggest that Crater Gold Mining's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Crater Gold Mining overview
Crater Gold Mining Limited engages in the exploration, evaluation, and exploitation of gold and other base metal projects in Papua New Guinea and Australia. The company also explores for copper, lead, zinc, and silver deposits. Its flagship project is the Crater Mountain project that comprises 3 contiguous exploration licenses straddling the border between the Chimbu and Eastern Highland Provinces in Papua New Guinea. The company was formerly known as Gold Anomaly Limited and changed its name to Crater Gold Mining Limited in July 2013. The company was incorporated in 1994 and is based in Perth, Australia. Crater Gold Mining Limited is a subsidiary of Freefire Technology Limited.
Stocks similar to Crater Gold Mining
Crater Gold Mining in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the Telstra share price running higher today?
Shares in the telecoms operator have jumped nearly 40% over the last 12 months.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Wabi (WABI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Wabi (WABI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Cindicator (CND) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Cindicator (CND) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy MonaCoin (MONA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the MonaCoin (MONA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bluzelle (BLZ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bluzelle (BLZ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Whitecoin (XWC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Whitecoin (XWC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Storj (STORJ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Storj (STORJ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Will Qantas shares jump as it locks in travel dates to Fiji, the UK and the US?
Despite the good news, Qantas shares closed flat following the announcement, but that could change in the coming weeks.
Why is the Pilbara Minerals share price zooming today?
Shares in the lithium producer are up five-fold over the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert