How to buy CPT Global shares | A$0.195
Own CPT Global shares in just a few minutes.
CPT Global Limited is an information technology services business based in Australia. CPT Global shares (CGO) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.195 – a decrease of 15.22% over the previous week. CPT Global has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $24.9 million.
How to buy shares in CPT Global
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for CPT Global. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CGO. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until CPT Global reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.195, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of CPT Global. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
CPT Global share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CGO stocks over time.
CPT Global shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.195|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.086 - AUDA$0.285|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.1597|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1358|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.01 (6.58%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.026|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy CPT Global stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
CPT Global price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-11)||-15.22%|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||30.00%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||77.27%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||-9.30%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-2.50%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||30.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||21.88%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||-35.00%|
Is CPT Global under- or over-valued?
Valuing CPT Global stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of CPT Global's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
CPT Global's P/E ratio
CPT Global's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 10x. In other words, CPT Global shares trade at around 10x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
CPT Global's EBITDA
CPT Global's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.2 million (£672,706).
The EBITDA is a measure of a CPT Global's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
CPT Global financials
|Revenue TTM||$24.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||4%|
|Gross profit TTM||$22.8 million|
|Return on assets TTM||5.44%|
|Return on equity TTM||-73.43%|
|Market capitalisation||$7.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
CPT Global share dividends
We're not expecting CPT Global to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
CPT Global share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, CPT Global's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.086 up to $0.285. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while CPT Global's is 1.1042. This would suggest that CPT Global's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
CPT Global overview
CPT Global Limited, together with its subsidiaries, provides information technology (IT) consultancy services for federal and state government, banking and finance, insurance, telecommunications, and retail and manufacturing sectors in Australia, Europe, North America, and South America. The company offers digital consulting, capacity planning, cost reduction, mainframe and midrange performance, project and program management, technical support, and management IT services, as well as management, functional, and automation testing services. It also provides agile delivery, project management, application migration and remediation, and DevOps and release automation services; and enterprise testing, data virtualization and masking, test automation, command center and critical incident management, capacity planning, service availability management, monitoring and metrics, risk assessment and frameworks, and business continuity and disaster recovery services. In addition, the company offers performance engineering, solution architecture, mainframe optimization, midrange optimization, performance tuning, cloud strategy and maturity, and cloud migration services; and strategy and governance, project services, capability assessment and uplift, and code analytics services. Further, it offers storage optimization, digital product design, and innovation management services; and digital strategy, digital transformation, robotic process automation, workforce analytics and optimization, analytics and insights, artificial intelligence, and big data services. CPT Global Limited was founded in 1993 and is headquartered in Docklands, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert