How to buy Coventry Group (CYG) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Coventry Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Coventry Group Ltd is an industrial distribution business based in Australia. Coventry Group shares (CYG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Coventry Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $288.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Coventry Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Coventry Group . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CYG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Coventry Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Coventry Group . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Coventry Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Coventry Group stock a buy or sell?
- Coventry Group performance over time
- Are Coventry Group shares over-valued?
- Coventry Group 's financials
- How volatile are Coventry Group shares?
- Does Coventry Group pay a dividend?
- Have Coventry Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Coventry Group stock price (ASX:CYG)Use our graph to track the performance of CYG stocks over time.
Coventry Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.73 - $1.555|
|50-day moving average||$1.4889|
|200-day moving average||$1.3931|
|Dividend yield||$0.03 (1.96%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.079|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Coventry Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Coventry Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-17)||1.53|
|1 month (2021-08-25)||3.38%|
|3 months (2021-06-25)||6.99%|
|6 months (2021-03-25)||33.04%|
|1 year (2020-09-25)||106.76%|
|2 years (2019-09-25)||44.34%|
|3 years (2018-09-25)||37.44%|
|5 years (2016-09-23)||84.72%|
Is Coventry Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Coventry Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Coventry Group 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Coventry Group 's P/E ratio
Coventry Group 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 19x. In other words, Coventry Group shares trade at around 19x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Coventry Group 's EBITDA
Coventry Group 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $11 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Coventry Group 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Coventry Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$288.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||3.11%|
|Gross profit TTM||$110.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.42%|
|Return on equity TTM||6.88%|
|Market capitalisation||$138.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Coventry Group share dividends
We're not expecting Coventry Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Coventry Group 's shares ever split?
Coventry Group 's shares were split on 10 November 1993.
Coventry Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Coventry Group 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.73 up to $1.555. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Coventry Group 's is 1.1083. This would suggest that Coventry Group 's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Coventry Group overview
Coventry Group Ltd primarily distributes industrial products in Australia and New Zealand. It operates through Trade Distribution and Fluids Systems segments. The Trade Distribution segment imports, distributes, and markets industrial fasteners, stainless steel fasteners, industrial hardware, construction fasteners, specialized fastener products and systems, and associated industrial tools and consumables. It also imports, distributes, and markets hardware, components, and finished products to the commercial cabinet making, joinery, and shop fitting industries. The Fluids Systems segment designs and installs lubrication systems; distributes hoses, connectors, fittings, and hydraulic hose assemblies; designs and supplies service truck components; installs fire suppression systems; designs and distributes fluid handling systems, as well as sells pneumatic components, and hydraulic associated products and consumables; and services and repairs rock hammers. Coventry Group Ltd was incorporated in 1936 and is headquartered in Thomastown, Australia.
Stocks similar to Coventry Group
Coventry Group in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Cosmos Exploration IPO
Everything we know about the Cosmos Exploration IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What is behind the bounce in the Zip Co share price?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have slipped more than 13% in the last 6 months.
Why the AGL share price has rebounded today
Shares in electricity giant AGL Energy are down 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Dundas Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Dundas Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO
Everything we know about the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best iron ore stocks on the ASX (2021)
We look at some of the biggest and best performing iron ore stocks in Australia.
Why are the CBA and WBC share prices stumbling today?
Shares in the major banks have risen more than 50% in the last 12 months.
How to buy Evergrande shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing China Evergrande Group shares from Australia.
How to invest in the Hamelin Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Hamelin Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Lykos Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Lykos Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert