How to buy Coronado Global Resources shares | A$0.89
Own Coronado Global Resources shares in just a few minutes.
Coronado Global Resources Inc is a coking coal business based in Australia. Coronado Global Resources shares (CRN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.89 – a decrease of 6.81% over the previous week. Coronado Global Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.7 billion.
How to buy shares in Coronado Global Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Coronado Global Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CRN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Coronado Global Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.89, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Coronado Global Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Coronado Global Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Coronado Global Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Coronado Global Resources performance over time
- Are Coronado Global Resources shares over-valued?
- Coronado Global Resources's financials
- Does Coronado Global Resources pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Coronado Global Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Coronado Global Resources's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.89, which is 52.53% down on its pre-crash value of $1.875 and 5.06% down on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.935.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Coronado Global Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $490.10 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $440.59.
Coronado Global Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CRN stocks over time.
Coronado Global Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.89|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.58 - AUDA$2.46|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.7583|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.0304|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.207|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Coronado Global Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Coronado Global Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||8.54%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||27.14%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||-10.10%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-63.52%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||N/A|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-20)||N/A|
Is Coronado Global Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Coronado Global Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Coronado Global Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Coronado Global Resources's P/E ratio
Coronado Global Resources's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 2x. In other words, Coronado Global Resources shares trade at around 2x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Coronado Global Resources's EBITDA
Coronado Global Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $272.8 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Coronado Global Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Coronado Global Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.7 billion|
|Operating margin TTM||5.05%|
|Gross profit TTM||$836.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.48%|
|Return on equity TTM||-3.44%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.2 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Coronado Global Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Coronado Global Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Coronado Global Resources overview
Coronado Global Resources Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces, markets, and exports metallurgical coal. The company operates through four segments: Curragh, Buchanan, Logan, and Greenbrier. It owns a portfolio of operating mines and development projects, including the Curragh mine complex located in the Bowen Basin of Queensland, Australia; and the Buchanan, Logan, and Greenbrier mine complexes located in the Central Appalachian region in Virginia and West Virginia, the United States. The company provides its products in the United States, India, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Brazil, China, and Europe. Coronado Global Resources Inc. was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert