How to buy Coronado Global Resources (CRN) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Coronado Global Resources shares.
Coronado Global Resources is a coking coal business based in Australia. Coronado Global Resources shares (CRN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Coronado Global Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.9 billion. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Coronado Global Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Coronado Global Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CRN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Coronado Global Resources reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Coronado Global Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Coronado Global Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Coronado Global Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Coronado Global Resources performance over time
- Coronado Global Resources's financials
- How volatile are Coronado Global Resources shares?
- Does Coronado Global Resources pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Coronado Global Resources stock price (ASX:CRN)Use our graph to track the performance of CRN stocks over time.
Coronado Global Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$1.2925 - $2.25|
|50-day moving average||$1.7125|
|200-day moving average||$1.634|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0.66%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.7|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Coronado Global Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Coronado Global Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-24)||1.23%|
|1 month (2023-11-01)||-3.53%|
|3 months (2023-09-01)||1.64|
|6 months (2023-06-01)||25.67%|
|1 year (2022-12-01)||-21.53%|
|2 years (2021-12-01)||44.49%|
|3 years (2020-12-01)||60.00%|
|5 years (2018-11-30)||-46.58%|
Is Coronado Global Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Coronado Global Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Coronado Global Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Coronado Global Resources's EBITDA
Coronado Global Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $500.3 million (£262 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Coronado Global Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Coronado Global Resources financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.9 billion|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.5 billion|
|Return on assets TTM||7.95%|
|Return on equity TTM||19.18%|
|Market capitalisation||$2.7 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Coronado Global Resources share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 1.17% of net profits
Recently Coronado Global Resources has paid out, on average, around 1.17% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.66% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Coronado Global Resources shareholders could enjoy a 0.66% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Coronado Global Resources's case, that would currently equate to about A$0 per share.
While Coronado Global Resources's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Coronado Global Resources is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 August 2023 (the "ex-dividend date").
Coronado Global Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Coronado Global Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.2925 up to $2.25. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Coronado Global Resources's is 0.836. This would suggest that Coronado Global Resources's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Coronado Global Resources overview
Coronado Global Resources Inc., together with its subsidiaries, produces, markets, and exports metallurgical coal. The company owns a portfolio of operating mines and development projects in Queensland, Australia; and Virginia, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania in the United States. It also holds interest in the Buchanan, Logan, Greenbrier, Mon Valley, and Russell County mining properties located in the Central Appalachian region of the United States. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia. Coronado Global Resources Inc. is a subsidiary of Coronado Group LLC.
Stocks similar to Coronado Global Resources
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OpenAI stock in Australia
Looking to jump on the AI bandwagon? Here's how you can invest in ChatGPT and its parent company OpenAI from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Cryptocurrency ETFs explained: A simple guide for investors (2023)
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Microsoft (MSFT) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Microsoft shares from in Australia.
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert