How to buy Cooper Energy shares | A$0.35
Own Cooper Energy shares in just a few minutes.
Cooper Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Cooper Energy shares (COE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.35 – an increase of 1.45% over the previous week. Cooper Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $78.1 million.
How to buy shares in Cooper Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cooper Energy. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: COE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cooper Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.35, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cooper Energy. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Cooper Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of COE stocks over time.
Cooper Energy shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.35|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.32 - AUDA$0.6425|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.3607|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.395|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.004|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Cooper Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cooper Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-21)||0.35|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||4.48%|
|3 months (2020-06-26)||-2.78%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||-13.58%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-39.13%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-23.08%|
|3 years (2017-09-28)||20.69%|
|5 years (2015-09-25)||139.56%|
Is Cooper Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Cooper Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Cooper Energy's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Cooper Energy's P/E ratio
Cooper Energy's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 89x. In other words, Cooper Energy shares trade at around 89x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Cooper Energy's EBITDA
Cooper Energy's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $10.3 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Cooper Energy's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Cooper Energy financials
|Revenue TTM||$78.1 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$20 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.87%|
|Return on equity TTM||-21.92%|
|Market capitalisation||$569.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cooper Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Cooper Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Cooper Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cooper Energy's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.32 up to $0.6425. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cooper Energy's is 1.2235. This would suggest that Cooper Energy's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Cooper Energy overview
Cooper Energy Limited, an upstream oil and gas exploration and production company, engages in securing, finding, developing, producing, and selling of hydrocarbons to south-east Australia. It explore and evaluates oil and gas; and produces and sells crude oil in Cooper basin. The company also produces offshore gas from the Sole gas field in the Gippsland Basin, Victoria; and offshore gas and gas liquids from the Casino, Henry, Netherby gas fields in the Otway Basin, Victoria. As of June 30, 2020, the company had proved and probable reserves of approximately 49.9 million barrels of oil equivalent, and contingent resources of approximately 34.9 million barrels of oil equivalent. Cooper Energy Limited was incorporated in 2001 and is headquartered in Adelaide, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert