How to buy Contango Income Generator shares | A$0.69
Own Contango Income Generator shares in just a few minutes.
Contango Income Generator Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Contango Income Generator shares (CIE) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.69 – an increase of 10.4% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $76.7 million.
How to buy shares in Contango Income Generator
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Contango Income Generator. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CIE. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Contango Income Generator reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.69, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Contango Income Generator. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted Contango Income Generator's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Contango Income Generator's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.69, which is 19.77% down on its pre-crash value of $0.86 and 33.98% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.515.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Contango Income Generator shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $620.48 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $831.33.
Contango Income Generator share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CIE stocks over time.
Contango Income Generator shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.69|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.495 - AUDA$0.895|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.633|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.6066|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.1351|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Contango Income Generator stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Contango Income Generator price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||10.40%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||9.52%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||8.66%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||27.78%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-18.82%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||-25.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-29.23%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||-29.59%|
Contango Income Generator financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||0%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$76.7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Contango Income Generator share dividends
We're not expecting Contango Income Generator to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Contango Income Generator overview
Contango Income Generator Limited is a listed investment company launched and managed by Contango Funds Management Ltd. It invests in public equity markets of Australia. It benchmarks its performance against ASX All Ordinaries Accumulation Index. Contango Income Generator Limited was formed in August 2015 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert