How to buy Contango Asset Management (CGA) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Contango Asset Management shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Contango Asset Management Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Contango Asset Management shares (CGA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Contango Asset Management has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $5.4 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Contango Asset Management
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Contango Asset Management. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CGA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Contango Asset Management reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Contango Asset Management. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Contango Asset Management key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Contango Asset Management stock a buy or sell?
- Contango Asset Management performance over time
- Contango Asset Management's financials
- How volatile are Contango Asset Management shares?
- Does Contango Asset Management pay a dividend?
- Have Contango Asset Management shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Contango Asset Management stock price (ASX:CGA)Use our graph to track the performance of CGA stocks over time.
Contango Asset Management shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.36 - $1.09|
|50-day moving average||$0.9824|
|200-day moving average||$0.9207|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.109|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Contango Asset Management stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Contango Asset Management price performance over time
|1 month (2021-06-29)||-2.51%|
|3 months (2021-04-29)||-11.01%|
|5 years (2016-07-25)||inf%|
Contango Asset Management financials
|Revenue TTM||$5.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$3.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.91%|
|Return on equity TTM||-4.83%|
|Market capitalisation||$51.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Contango Asset Management share dividends
We're not expecting Contango Asset Management to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Contango Asset Management's shares ever split?
Contango Asset Management's shares were split on a 1:300 basis on 28 August 2016. So if you had owned 300 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Contango Asset Management shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 29900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Contango Asset Management shares which in turn could have impacted Contango Asset Management's share price.
Contango Asset Management share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Contango Asset Management's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.36 up to $1.09. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Contango Asset Management's is 0.3395. This would suggest that Contango Asset Management's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Contango Asset Management overview
Contango Asset Management Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. It manages large cap, mid cap, small cap, micro cap, and income focused mandates for its institutional clients. The company was formerly known as Tyrian Diagnostics Limited and changed its name to Contango Asset Management Limited in August 2016. Contango Asset Management Limited is based in Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Contango Asset Management
Contango Asset Management in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the X2M Connect IPO
Everything we know about the X2M Connect IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Industrial Minerals (IND.AU) shares
Steps to owning and managing Industrial Minerals shares.
How to invest in the SSH Group IPO
Everything we know about the SSH Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Iris Metals IPO
Everything we know about the Iris Metals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Li-S Energy IPO
Everything we know about the Li-S Energy IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO
Everything we know about the Clarity Pharmaceuticals IPO IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the TEK-Ocean Group IPO
Everything we know about the TEK-Ocean Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy HNC Coin (HNC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Hellenic Coin (HNC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Maro (MARO) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Maro (MARO) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Ethernity Chain (ERN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Ethernity Chain (ERN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert