How to buy Contango Asset Management (CGA) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Contango Asset Management shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Contango Asset Management is an asset management business based in Australia. Contango Asset Management shares (CGA) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollar. Contango Asset Management has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $5.5 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Contango Asset Management
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Contango Asset Management. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CGA. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Contango Asset Management reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Contango Asset Management. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Contango Asset Management key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Contango Asset Management stock a buy or sell?
- Contango Asset Management performance over time
- Contango Asset Management's financials
- How volatile are Contango Asset Management shares?
- Does Contango Asset Management pay a dividend?
- Have Contango Asset Management shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Contango Asset Management stock price (ASX:CGA)Use our graph to track the performance of CGA stocks over time.
Contango Asset Management shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.7 - $1.09|
|50-day moving average||$0.92|
|200-day moving average||$0.9516|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.017|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Contango Asset Management stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Contango Asset Management price performance over time
|1 week (2022-01-21)||0.88|
|1 month (2021-12-24)||-7.37%|
|3 months (2021-10-28)||-7.37%|
|6 months (2021-07-28)||-11.56%|
|1 year (2021-01-28)||4.76%|
|2 years (2020-01-28)||109.52%|
|5 years (2017-01-25)||-43.23%|
Contango Asset Management financials
|Revenue TTM||$5.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$4.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-4.12%|
|Return on equity TTM||-8.35%|
|Market capitalisation||$42.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Contango Asset Management share dividends
We're not expecting Contango Asset Management to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Contango Asset Management's shares ever split?
Contango Asset Management's shares were split on a 1:300 basis on 28 August 2016. So if you had owned 300 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Contango Asset Management shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 29900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Contango Asset Management shares which in turn could have impacted Contango Asset Management's share price.
Contango Asset Management share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Contango Asset Management's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.7 up to $1.09. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Contango Asset Management's is 0.4181. This would suggest that Contango Asset Management's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Contango Asset Management overview
Contango Asset Management Limited is a publicly owned investment manager. It manages large cap, mid cap, small cap, micro cap, and income focused mandates for its institutional clients. The company was formerly known as Tyrian Diagnostics Limited and changed its name to Contango Asset Management Limited in August 2016. Contango Asset Management Limited is based in Sydney, Australia.
Stocks similar to Contango Asset Management
Contango Asset Management in the news
Contango Asset Management : WCM Global Long Short Limited | Proposed restructure to address share price discount to net tangible assets
Contango Asset Management : An update from WCM on the recent volatility in growth stocks
WCM Stock in Focus | Old Dominion Freight Line: A ‘Picks and Shovels' Play on the Rise of Ecommerce
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price shrugs off SEC and IRS criticism with 24-hour rally
With the IRS and SEC addressing Ethereum in a negative light recently, it appears as though the altcoin may potentially be faced with increased turbulence in the near term.
7 hidden costs of owning a car and how to avoid them [SPONSORED] Thinking of buying a car or eager to make yours more affordable? Try focusing on the secondary costs of car ownership.
Can Bitcoin beat the Fed? BTC price increases despite bearish news
With the Fed looking to initiate its long withstanding tapering plans within the next month or so, volatility across markets (including stocks and crypto) is expected to increase.
New on Netflix, Prime Video, Disney Plus, Stan, Foxtel, BINGE and more in February 2022
Don’t miss out on this gargantuan list of incredible titles.
Beauty Product Of The Week: Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Foundation
We got our hands on the new Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin foundation and here are our thoughts on the $60 product.
Jabra PanaCast 20 webcam review: Hey Jabra my eyes are up here
The Jabra PanaCast 20 is a cracker of a webcam that will quite literally follow you wherever you go. But it has a price tag that’s hard to get past.
8 steps to creating a more financially fulfilling life in 2022
It's important to be positive about the year ahead and start thinking about how to make 2022 your most fulfilling yet.
Qantas sale: Score international flights from $449
Book flexible flights now to Fiji, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan, USA, UK and more.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Alpha HPA (A4N ↑11.1%), Recce Pharmaceuticals (RCE ↑6.2%)
The 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 28 January 2022.
Ask an Expert