How to buy Consolidated Operations Group shares | A$0.068
Own Consolidated Operations Group shares in just a few minutes.
Consolidated Operations Group Limited is a capital markets business based in Australia. Consolidated Operations Group shares (COG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.068 – an increase of 9.68% over the previous week. Consolidated Operations Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $218.5 million.
How to buy shares in Consolidated Operations Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Consolidated Operations Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: COG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Consolidated Operations Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.068, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Consolidated Operations Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Consolidated Operations Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Consolidated Operations Group stock a buy or sell?
- Consolidated Operations Group performance over time
- Are Consolidated Operations Group shares over-valued?
- Consolidated Operations Group's financials
- How volatile are Consolidated Operations Group shares?
- Does Consolidated Operations Group pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Consolidated Operations Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Consolidated Operations Group's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.068, which is 25.27% down on its pre-crash value of $0.091 and 126.67% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.03.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Consolidated Operations Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $322.58 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $731.18.
Consolidated Operations Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of COG stocks over time.
Consolidated Operations Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.068|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.03 - AUDA$0.097|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0589|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0509|
|Dividend yield||N/A (2.45%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Consolidated Operations Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Consolidated Operations Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||13.33%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||21.43%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||126.67%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-23.60%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||-40.87%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-38.18%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-37.84%|
Is Consolidated Operations Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Consolidated Operations Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Consolidated Operations Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Consolidated Operations Group's P/E ratio
Consolidated Operations Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 26x. In other words, Consolidated Operations Group shares trade at around 26x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Consolidated Operations Group's EBITDA
Consolidated Operations Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $24 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Consolidated Operations Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Consolidated Operations Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$218.5 million|
|Operating margin TTM||7.91%|
|Gross profit TTM||$124.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.25%|
|Return on equity TTM||-2.74%|
|Market capitalisation||$97.5 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Consolidated Operations Group share dividends
We're not expecting Consolidated Operations Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Consolidated Operations Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Consolidated Operations Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.03 up to $0.097. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Consolidated Operations Group's is 0.4476. This would suggest that Consolidated Operations Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Consolidated Operations Group overview
Consolidated Operations Group Limited provides equipment finance broking, finance aggregation, and commercial equipment financing activities for business assets in Australia. It also offers management IT services. The company is based in Chatswood, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert