How to buy Comet Ridge (COI) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Comet Ridge shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Comet Ridge Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Comet Ridge shares (COI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian Dollars. Comet Ridge has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2,000. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Comet Ridge
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Comet Ridge. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: COI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Comet Ridge reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Comet Ridge. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Comet Ridge stock price (ASX:COI)Use our graph to track the performance of COI stocks over time.
Comet Ridge shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.054 - $0.115|
|50-day moving average||$0.0964|
|200-day moving average||$0.0769|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.014|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Comet Ridge stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Comet Ridge price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-21)||25.00%|
|1 month (2021-08-27)||28.87%|
|3 months (2021-06-28)||101.61%|
|6 months (2021-03-26)||83.82%|
|1 year (2020-09-28)||35.87%|
|2 years (2019-09-25)||-51.92%|
|3 years (2018-09-28)||-67.11%|
|5 years (2016-09-28)||80.12%|
Comet Ridge financials
|Gross profit TTM||$0|
|Return on assets TTM||-7.82%|
|Return on equity TTM||-18.09%|
|Market capitalisation||$94.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Comet Ridge share dividends
We're not expecting Comet Ridge to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Comet Ridge's shares ever split?
Comet Ridge's shares were split on 20 May 2009.
Comet Ridge share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Comet Ridge's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.054 up to $0.115. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Comet Ridge's is 1.4966. This would suggest that Comet Ridge's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Comet Ridge overview
Comet Ridge Limited, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the exploration and appraisal of coal seam gas and sandstone reserves in Eastern Australia. The company holds 100% interests in the ATP 743, ATP 744, and ATP 1015 projects located in the Galilee Basin, Queensland; and 40% interests in the ATP 1191 Mahalo project covering an area of approximately 911 square kilometers located in the Bowen Basin, Queensland, as well as holds 29.55% interest in the PEL 6, 59.09% interest in PEL 427, and 68.42% interest in PEL 428 projects covering an area of approximately 17,000 square kilometers located in the Gunnedah Basin, New South Wales. Comet Ridge Limited was incorporated in 2003 and is based in Brisbane, Australia.
Stocks similar to Comet Ridge
Comet Ridge in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Cosmos Exploration IPO
Everything we know about the Cosmos Exploration IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
What is behind the bounce in the Zip Co share price?
Shares in BNPL provider Zip Co have slipped more than 13% in the last 6 months.
Why the AGL share price has rebounded today
Shares in electricity giant AGL Energy are down 60% in the last 12 months.
How to invest in the Dundas Minerals IPO
Everything we know about the Dundas Minerals IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to invest in the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO
Everything we know about the Kalgoorlie Gold Mining IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
The best iron ore stocks on the ASX (2021)
We look at some of the biggest and best performing iron ore stocks in Australia.
Why are the CBA and WBC share prices stumbling today?
Shares in the major banks have risen more than 50% in the last 12 months.
How to buy Evergrande shares from Australia
Steps to owning and managing China Evergrande Group shares from Australia.
Virgin Tasmania flights sale from $49 and double status credits
Virgin Australia launches more direct Tassie services with flexible flights taking off from October 2021.
How to invest in the Hamelin Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Hamelin Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
Ask an Expert