How to buy Cohiba Minerals shares
Own Cohiba Minerals shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cohiba Minerals Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Cohiba Minerals shares (CHK) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Cohiba Minerals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $14,087.
How to buy shares in Cohiba Minerals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cohiba Minerals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CHK. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cohiba Minerals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.018, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cohiba Minerals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Cohiba Minerals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Cohiba Minerals stock a buy or sell?
- Cohiba Minerals performance over time
- Cohiba Minerals's financials
- How volatile are Cohiba Minerals shares?
- Does Cohiba Minerals pay a dividend?
- Have Cohiba Minerals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Cohiba Minerals's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Cohiba Minerals's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.018, which is 50.00% up on its pre-crash value of $0.009 and 500.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.003.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Cohiba Minerals shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $363.64 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,636.36.
Cohiba Minerals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CHK stocks over time.
Cohiba Minerals shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.003 - $0.023|
|50-day moving average||$0.0162|
|200-day moving average||$0.0105|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.002|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Cohiba Minerals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cohiba Minerals price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||-57.14%|
|1 month (2020-12-16)||-21.74%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||5.88%|
|6 months (2020-07-16)||80.00%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||38.46%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||20.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||50.00%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||38.46%|
Cohiba Minerals financials
|Gross profit TTM||$14,087|
|Return on assets TTM||-15.5%|
|Return on equity TTM||-32.34%|
|Market capitalisation||$17.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cohiba Minerals share dividends
We're not expecting Cohiba Minerals to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Cohiba Minerals's shares ever split?
Cohiba Minerals's shares were split on a 3:1 basis on 2 December 2014. So if you had owned 1 share the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 3 shares. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Cohiba Minerals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 66.7% lower share price could have impacted the market appetite for Cohiba Minerals shares which in turn could have impacted Cohiba Minerals's share price.
Cohiba Minerals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cohiba Minerals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.003 up to $0.023. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cohiba Minerals's is 1.8645. This would suggest that Cohiba Minerals's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Cohiba Minerals overview
Cohiba Minerals Limited engages in the exploration of natural resources in Australia. The company explores for metals, precious metals, lithium, gypsum, gold, copper, cobalt, and minerals deposits. It holds interests a 100% interest in the Pyramid Lake project covering a total area of 11,266 hectares located to the north of the Port of Esperance in Western Australia; the Wee MacGregor Project comprising three mining licenses located in southeast of Mt. Isa; and the Olympic Domain Tenements consisting of eight exploration licences covering an area 831 square kilometer located in South Australia. The company was incorporated in 2011 and is based in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Cohiba Minerals units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert