How to buy Cogstate shares
Own Cogstate shares in just a few minutes.
Cogstate Limited is a health information services business based in Australia. Cogstate shares (CGS) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Cogstate has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $23.7 million.
How to buy shares in Cogstate
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cogstate. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CGS. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cogstate reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cogstate. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Cogstate share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CGS stocks over time.
Cogstate shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$0.2279 - AUDA$0.8|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.679|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.4477|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.021|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Cogstate stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Cogstate under- or over-valued?
Valuing Cogstate stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Cogstate's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Cogstate's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $407,333.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Cogstate's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||$23.7 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$10.1 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-3.96%|
|Return on equity TTM||-10.03%|
|Market capitalisation||$114.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cogstate share dividends
We're not expecting Cogstate to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Cogstate's shares ever split?
Cogstate's shares were split on 5 August 2008.
Cogstate share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cogstate's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.2279 up to $0.8. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cogstate's is 0.6723. This would suggest that Cogstate's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Cogstate Limited, a cognitive science company, provides computerized cognitive tests for clinical trials, academic research, healthcare, and brain health applications in Australia and internationally. The company's services include scientific consultancy, project management, data management, statistical analysis, and reporting. It operates in three segments: Clinical Trials, Academic Research, and Healthcare. The Clinical Trials segment provides technology and associated services that are used to quantify the effect of diseases and drugs, and devices or other interventions on human subjects participating in clinical trials primarily conducted by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The Academic Research segment offers technology and associated services to support international research studies and academic collaborations across various indications, including Alzheimer's disease, HIV, multiple sclerosis, pediatric and adult oncology, Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, and schizophrenia. As of June 30, 2020, it had participated in approximately 1,800 academic research studies in approximately 200 indications. The Healthcare segment provides Cognigram, a system for regular and standardized testing to assist in the early detection of cognitive decline. The company serves biopharmaceutical companies, sporting organizations, military, physicians and patients, academic institutions, and public-private partnerships. Cogstate Limited was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert