How to buy Co-Diagnostics shares | $14.34
Own Co-Diagnostics shares in just a few minutes.
Co-Diagnostics, Inc is a diagnostics & research business with stocks listed in the US. Co-Diagnostics shares (CODX) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$14.34 – a decrease of 5.47% over the previous week.
How to buy shares in Co-Diagnostics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Co-Diagnostics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CODX. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Co-Diagnostics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$14.34, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Co-Diagnostics, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Co-Diagnostics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Co-Diagnostics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Co-Diagnostics stock a buy or sell?
- Co-Diagnostics performance over time
- Can I short Co-Diagnostics shares?
- Are Co-Diagnostics shares over-valued?
- Co-Diagnostics's financials
- How volatile are Co-Diagnostics shares?
- Does Co-Diagnostics pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Co-Diagnostics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CODX stocks over time.
Co-Diagnostics shares at a glance
|Latest market close||USD$14.34|
|52-week range||USD$0.8463 - USD$30.99|
|50-day moving average||USD$14.6927|
|200-day moving average||USD$15.4462|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||USD$0.351|
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Co-Diagnostics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Co-Diagnostics price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||-3.95%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||25.57%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||-17.78%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||56.72%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||1,240.19%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||445.25%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||129.44%|
|5 years (2015-09-25)||N/A|
Is Co-Diagnostics under- or over-valued?
Valuing Co-Diagnostics stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Co-Diagnostics's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Co-Diagnostics's P/E ratio
Co-Diagnostics's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 69x. In other words, Co-Diagnostics shares trade at around 69x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the trailing 12-month P/E ratio for the NASDAQ 100 at the end of 2019 (27.29). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Co-Diagnostics's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is US$8.1 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Co-Diagnostics's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
|Revenue TTM||US$25.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||31.02%|
|Gross profit TTM||US$102,543|
|Return on assets TTM||23.91%|
|Return on equity TTM||42.38%|
|Market capitalisation||US$407 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting Co-Diagnostics shares
There are currently 7.8 million Co-Diagnostics shares held short by investors – that's known as Co-Diagnostics's "short interest". This figure is 18% up from 6.6 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting Co-Diagnostics shares can be evaluated.
Co-Diagnostics's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
Co-Diagnostics's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of Co-Diagnostics shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of Co-Diagnostics shares traded daily (recently around 4.3 million). Co-Diagnostics's SIR currently stands at 1.83. In other words for every 100,000 Co-Diagnostics shares traded daily on the market, roughly 1830 shares are currently held short.
However Co-Diagnostics's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of Co-Diagnostics shares, or, against the total number of tradable Co-Diagnostics shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case Co-Diagnostics's short interest could be expressed as 0.28% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 Co-Diagnostics shares in existence, roughly 280 shares are currently held short) or 0.2794% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable Co-Diagnostics shares, roughly 279 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against Co-Diagnostics.
Find out more about how you can short Co-Diagnostics stock.
Co-Diagnostics share dividends
We're not expecting Co-Diagnostics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Co-Diagnostics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Co-Diagnostics's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$0.8463 up to US$30.99. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Co-Diagnostics's is -1.6708. This would suggest that Co-Diagnostics's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Co-Diagnostics has bucked the trend.
Co-Diagnostics, Inc., a molecular diagnostics company, intends to manufacture and sell reagents used for diagnostic tests that function via the detection and/or analysis of nucleic acid molecules. It also intends to sell diagnostic equipment from other manufacturers as self-contained lab systems. The company was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert