How to buy Clover Corporation shares | A$2.08
Own Clover Corporation shares in just a few minutes.
Clover Corporation Limited is a packaged foods business based in Australia. Clover Corporation shares (CLV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $2.08 – an increase of 0.97% over the previous week. Clover Corporation has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $88.3 million.
How to buy shares in Clover Corporation
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Clover Corporation. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CLV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Clover Corporation reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $2.08, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Clover Corporation. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Clover Corporation key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Clover Corporation stock a buy or sell?
- Clover Corporation performance over time
- Are Clover Corporation shares over-valued?
- Clover Corporation's financials
- How volatile are Clover Corporation shares?
- Does Clover Corporation pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Clover Corporation's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Clover Corporation's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $2.08, which is 27.02% down on its pre-crash value of $2.85 and 56.39% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $1.33.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Clover Corporation shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $708.66 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $818.90.
Clover Corporation share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CLV stocks over time.
Clover Corporation shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$2.08|
|52-week range||AUDA$1.365 - AUDA$3.31|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$2.2381|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$2.155|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.03 (1.17%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.074|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Clover Corporation stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Clover Corporation price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-21)||-0.48%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||-3.26%|
|3 months (2020-06-26)||-5.88%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||23.81%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-32.47%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||33.33%|
|3 years (2017-09-28)||362.22%|
|5 years (2015-09-28)||845.45%|
Is Clover Corporation under- or over-valued?
Valuing Clover Corporation stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Clover Corporation's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Clover Corporation's P/E ratio
Clover Corporation's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 28x. In other words, Clover Corporation shares trade at around 28x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Clover Corporation's EBITDA
Clover Corporation's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $18.9 million.
The EBITDA is a measure of a Clover Corporation's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Clover Corporation financials
|Revenue TTM||$88.3 million|
|Operating margin TTM||20.8%|
|Gross profit TTM||$29.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||14.69%|
|Return on equity TTM||24.32%|
|Market capitalisation||$345.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Clover Corporation share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 23.49% of net profits
Recently Clover Corporation has paid out, on average, around 23.49% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 1.17% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Clover Corporation shareholders could enjoy a 1.17% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Clover Corporation's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.03 per share.
While Clover Corporation's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Clover Corporation is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 26 October 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Clover Corporation share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Clover Corporation's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.365 up to $3.31. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Clover Corporation's is 1.3542. This would suggest that Clover Corporation's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Clover Corporation overview
Clover Corporation Limited refines and sells natural oils in Australia, New Zealand, Asia, Europe, and the Americas. The company is also involved in the production of encapsulated powders; and research and product development of functional food and infant nutrition ingredients. It offers Nu-Mega Hi docosahexaenoic acid tuna oils for use in infant formula and pharmaceutical products; Ocean Gold refined tuna oils; Nu-Mega Driphorm powders that are used in a range of infant formula, follow-on formula, growing up milks, and food applications; and Nu-Mega Driphorm HA for non-dairy applications. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Altona North, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert