Where to buy cloth face masks online in Australia in January 2022
Discover the online retailers shipping cloth face masks to Australians.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If you're looking for a comfortable and protective face mask option, cloth masks are the way to go. To find out where you can purchase one online in Australia, scroll on to see a list of retailers with masks in stock.
Clinical Supplies offers a range of government-certified safety gear, including KN95 masks in various pack sizes.
- Have supplied hospitals, medical centres, and front line workers
- FDA and CE approved KN95 masks
- Fully stocked warehouse
- Fully trackable delivery (1-3 days)
Clear Collective is home to an array of reusable and disposable face masks that come with free filter inserts. You can also choose between a mask with valves and no valves. Clear Collective has also won Best Overall Face Masks in the recent Finder editorial review.
- Free shipping on all orders
- Cotton masks come with 2 x PM2.5 filter inserts
- Kids sizes available
A 10-year-old Australian brand SParms offers reusable face masks for the entire family. It has the coolest, softest, most breathable mask on the market.
- Sophisticated design – copper or silver nanotechnology infused into the mask filter
- 2 layers, 3D contour design, highly breathable and comfortable
- Adult and kids sizes (2XS – XL)
- Spend $69 to get free standard shipping or $99 for express
A trusted Australian face mask brand since 2015, TECMASK provides high-quality face masks that are functional and fashionable.
- 20% off your first order when you sign up
- FREE express shipping for orders over $50 Australia-wide
- Australian-made eco-friendly reusable face masks
- Bacterial filtration efficiency tested by the Australian government's National Measurement Institute (NMI)
Premium reusable face masks retailer with over 30 thousand masks sold. New and improved 4-layer premium protective face mask. Handmade cloth face masks, made with love.
- Offer discounts for bulk orders (60+ masks)
- Price starts from $12.97 and free shipping on orders over $69
- Dispatch within 1-2 business days
Online giant eBay stocks products from local and international sellers, making it easy to find a washable face mask. Just be sure to check the seller rating before you buy so that you know you're shopping from a reputable supplier.
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items with an eBay Plus membership
- Easily compare prices
- New products added daily
The Mask Life is a bold, fashion-forward brand with a dream-big attitude. It believes every person deserves the opportunity to protect themselves and others, but also spread the message of raising awareness of proper hygiene standards in our new world.
- Buy in bulk and save
- Free shipping on all orders over $60
- Wide range of styles and sizes
- Australia based
Fashion giant THE ICONIC stocks an assorted range of face masks, including washable options. It also offers same-day shipping to some areas, helping you to get your hands on a mask sooner.
- Sydney metro same-day and express delivery available
- Afterpay available
- Same-day shipping in some areas
- Free shipping on orders over $50
Etsy specialises in handmade items, meaning you'll find plenty of washable masks available. It's best to check the seller rating along with customer reviews before making a purchase from an online marketplace.
- Free delivery on some items
- Products from local and international sellers available
Amazon's marketplace makes it easy to shop across sellers to find the best deal on a reusable face mask. Be sure to check the seller rating and shipping times before committing to a purchase.
- Free delivery on millions of eligible items with an Amazon Prime membership
- Easily compare prices on similar products
- Huge product range
Whether you're looking to customise your face mask with your company logo or your favourite quote, check out Photobook Australia.
- Masks are made from 100% polyester and cotton
- Standard, express and priority shipping is available
- Sign up to the newsletter and receive exclusive news and offers
- Looking for trendy alternatives? See the retailers stocking fashionable cloth masks.
Which retailers offer free delivery?
- Clear Collective: Free shipping on all orders
- SParms: Free shipping on orders over $69
- TECMASK: Free shipping on orders over $50
- The Maskee: Free shipping on orders over $99
eBay: Free delivery on eligible items with an eBay Plus membership
- The Mask Life: Free shipping on orders over $60
- THE ICONIC: Free shipping on orders over $50
- Etsy: Free delivery on eligible items
- Amazon: Free on eligible items with an Amazon Prime membership
- ASOS: Free shipping on orders over $80
- PatPat: Free shipping on orders over $62.54
- Missguided: Rate starts at $19.99
Will a cloth mask protect me?
While a cloth mask won't guarantee the same level of effectiveness as an N95 or KN95 mask with a valve, the cloth is there to prevent moisture from breathing and coughing from travelling too far in the air. They also serve as a good reminder to stop touching your face.
What should I look for in a cloth mask?
The NSW government recommends if you're wearing a cloth mask to get one with three layers - or two at a minimum.
It's also recommended to have a few masks that you can change and then watch collectively at the end of the day. You may want to consider buying masks in bulk or a multi-pack to ensure you have enough to get through the day if you're going to be out and about.
How to make your own face mask
If cloth or N95 masks are hard to find or out of stock online, consider sewing your own. If you have a small swatch of fabric about the size of a napkin, shoelaces, scissors, and a needle and thread, you can make a mask without additional supplies.
How to remove your mask properly
First, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before putting on your mask. When you're ready to take it off, do not touch the front of the mask, because it could be contaminated. Instead, remove it by pulling the bottom strap over the back of your head, followed by the top strap. Discard the mask and then wash your hands with soap and water.
What's the difference between P2, N95 and KN95 face masks?
The difference lies in the testing requirements for each country of origin. P2 masks adhere to Australian and New Zealand testing standards, KN95 to Chinese requirements and N95 to US guidelines. All offer nearly the same level of protection, with some slight performance differences, as outlined by respirator company 3M.
Image source: Getty
More guides on Finder
Ethereum price plummets as crypto industry’s combined market cap drops by 10% within hours
With the total market cap of the crypto sector dropping by a whopping 10% within the last few hours, it seems as though the coming few days could be highly volatile for ETH.
Back to school laptops: Buying guide
What are the things to watch out for when buying your child's first laptop?
Bitcoin price dips below key level as Russia prepares for a blanket crypto ban
As Russia gets ready to outlaw its local crypto market, BTC could be faced with even greater volatility in the near future.
How to watch UFC 270 Ngannou vs Gane online and start time in Australia
Heavyweight stars Fancis Ngannou and Cyril Gane headline UFC 270.
Why has the Rio Tinto share price dropped today?
Shares in Rio Tinto have climbed more than 15% in the last month.
Today’s ASX top stocks: Stanmore Coal (SMR ↑5.2%), Kelly Partners Group Holdings (KPG ↑3.3%)
Here are the 10 biggest movers on the ASX for Friday 21 January 2022.
Beauty Product of the Week: Gisou Honey Infused Leave-In Conditioner
This leave-in conditioner transformed my unwashed mop into silky locks that would make Rapunzel envious.
Samsung confirms Galaxy S22 Ultra will be a Note phone
Samsung's next flagship S22 phone will be, in its own less than subtle phrasing, "noteworthy".
Top 10 TV shows in Australia this week and where to watch them
A fun superhero series, an epic sci-fi and a dark teen drama are among our top picks this week.
Ask an Expert