Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals Limited is a biotechnology business based in Australia. Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares (CUV) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $22.88 – an increase of 5.83% over the previous week. Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $32.6 million.
How to buy shares in Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CUV. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $22.88, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals stock a buy or sell?
- Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals performance over time
- Are Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares over-valued?
- Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's financials
- How volatile are Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares?
- Does Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals pay a dividend?
- Have Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $22.88, which is 8.70% down on its pre-crash value of $25.06 and 77.09% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $12.92.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $578.83 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $861.66.
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CUV stocks over time.
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$22.88|
|52-week range||AUDA$12.92 - AUDA$45.88|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$21.6689|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$21.6637|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.03 (0.12%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.33|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-10)||6.37%|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||2.79%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||-16.19%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||56.18%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-10.42%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||24.28%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||246.67%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||702.81%|
Is Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals under- or over-valued?
Valuing Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's P/E ratio
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 66x. In other words, Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares trade at around 66x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's EBITDA
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $12 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals financials
|Revenue TTM||$32.6 million|
|Operating margin TTM||36.29%|
|Gross profit TTM||$30.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||10.27%|
|Return on equity TTM||25.44%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 7.58% of net profits
Recently Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals has paid out, on average, around 7.58% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 0.12% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shareholders could enjoy a 0.12% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.03 per share.
While Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's payout ratio might seem low, this can signify that Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals is investing more in its future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 2 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's shares ever split?
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 11 November 2010. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals shares which in turn could have impacted Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's share price.
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's shares have ranged in value from as little as $12.92 up to $45.88. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's is 0.559. This would suggest that Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals overview
Clinuvel Pharmaceuticals Limited, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing drugs for the treatment of severe genetic and skin disorders in Europe, the United States, and Singapore. Its lead drug candidate is SCENESSE, a photoprotective drug for the prevention of phototoxicity in adult patients with erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP). The company's pipeline products include CUV9900, an alpha-melanocyte stimulating hormone analogue; VLRX001, an addition to the family of melanocortin analogues, which provoke increased and prolonged cellular activity; and PRÉNUMBRA, a liquid injectable formulation of afamelanotide. It has a collaboration agreement with HK Winhealth Pharma Group Co. Limited for launching SCENESSE under a named patient program for the treatment of patients with EPP in the People's Republic of China. The company was incorporated in 1999 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert