How to buy ClearView Wealth shares | A$0.315
Own ClearView Wealth shares in just a few minutes.
ClearView Wealth Limited is an insurance—diversified business based in Australia. ClearView Wealth shares (CVW) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.315 – a decrease of 1.56% over the previous week. ClearView Wealth has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $286.5 million.
How to buy shares in ClearView Wealth
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for ClearView Wealth . Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CVW. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until ClearView Wealth reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.315, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of ClearView Wealth . Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- ClearView Wealth key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is ClearView Wealth stock a buy or sell?
- ClearView Wealth performance over time
- Are ClearView Wealth shares over-valued?
- ClearView Wealth 's financials
- How volatile are ClearView Wealth shares?
- Does ClearView Wealth pay a dividend?
- Have ClearView Wealth shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted ClearView Wealth 's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, ClearView Wealth 's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.315, which is 23.17% down on its pre-crash value of $0.41 and 57.50% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.2.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of ClearView Wealth shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $541.18 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $741.18.
ClearView Wealth share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CVW stocks over time.
ClearView Wealth shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.315|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.185 - AUDA$0.715|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.3374|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.2835|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.021|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy ClearView Wealth stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
ClearView Wealth price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||-4.55%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||-5.97%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||36.96%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-53.68%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||-67.53%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-78.05%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-65.26%|
Is ClearView Wealth under- or over-valued?
Valuing ClearView Wealth stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of ClearView Wealth 's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
ClearView Wealth 's P/E ratio
ClearView Wealth 's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 15x. In other words, ClearView Wealth shares trade at around 15x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
ClearView Wealth 's EBITDA
ClearView Wealth 's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $118.1 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a ClearView Wealth 's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
ClearView Wealth financials
|Revenue TTM||$286.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$92 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-0.24%|
|Return on equity TTM||-0.3%|
|Market capitalisation||$209.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
ClearView Wealth share dividends
We're not expecting ClearView Wealth to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have ClearView Wealth 's shares ever split?
ClearView Wealth 's shares were split on 29 March 2010.
ClearView Wealth share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, ClearView Wealth 's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.185 up to $0.715. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while ClearView Wealth 's is 0.9952. This would suggest that ClearView Wealth 's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
ClearView Wealth overview
ClearView Wealth Limited provides life insurance, wealth management, and financial advisory solutions in Australia. It operates through three segments: Life Insurance, Wealth Management, and Financial Advice. The Life Insurance segment provides life insurance products, including term life, permanent disability, trauma and critical illness benefits, child cover, accident covers, income protection, and business expense covers through financial advisers, third parties, and external advisers. The Wealth Management segment offers life investment contracts, including ordinary savings, superannuation, and allocated pension products; superannuation and retirement income wraps, and investor directed portfolio service wraps; and managed investment schemes. The Financial Advice segment provides financial advisory services, which include licensing and dealer services, as well as LaVista licensee solutions that provide outsourced B2B licensee services to other Australian financial services licensees. ClearView Wealth Limited was founded in 1976 and is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert