How to buy Cipherpoint shares | A$0.051
Own Cipherpoint shares in just a few minutes.
Cipherpoint Limited is a software—infrastructure business based in Australia. Cipherpoint shares (CPT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.051 – a decrease of 5.56% over the previous week. Cipherpoint has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $673,478.
How to buy shares in Cipherpoint
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cipherpoint. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CPT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cipherpoint reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.051, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cipherpoint. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted Cipherpoint's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Cipherpoint's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.051, which is 16.39% down on its pre-crash value of $0.061 and 142.86% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.021.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Cipherpoint shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $276.32 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $671.05.
Cipherpoint share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CPT stocks over time.
Cipherpoint shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.051|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.013 - AUDA$0.3|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.056|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0339|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.021|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Cipherpoint stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cipherpoint price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||-5.56%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||-8.44%|
|3 months (2020-06-20)||N/A|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||142.86%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-83.00%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||-87.86%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-95.60%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-99.09%|
|Gross profit TTM||$673,478|
|Return on assets TTM||-94.03%|
|Return on equity TTM||-845.62%|
|Market capitalisation||$7 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cipherpoint share dividends
We're not expecting Cipherpoint to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Cipherpoint's shares ever split?
Cipherpoint's shares were split on a 1:20 basis on 11 August 2019. So if you had owned 20 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Cipherpoint shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Cipherpoint shares which in turn could have impacted Cipherpoint's share price.
Cipherpoint share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cipherpoint's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.013 up to $0.3. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cipherpoint's is 1.0331. This would suggest that Cipherpoint's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Cipherpoint Limited develops and commercializes intellectual property primarily in the field of data security technology in Australasia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, and Singapore. Its Covata Data Security Platform allows for discovery, protection, and control of sensitive and compliance regulated data. The company offers SafeShare, a file sharing and collaboration solution that protects business information from breaches, and enables governance and regulatory compliance requirements; Covata Data Discovery solution to search for find credit card numbers, patient information, and personally identifiable information; and Eclipse, a suite of integrated data security and privacy compliance solutions for transparent file and list encryption, centralized permissions management, and granular activity logging for sensitive and regulated data in unstructured data repositories. It serves defense industrial base, education, financial services, government, healthcare, human resources, and legal industries. The company was formerly known as Covata Limited and changed its name to Cipherpoint Limited in December 2019. Cipherpoint Limited is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert