How to buy Centuria Office shares
Own Centuria Office shares in just a few minutes.
Centuria Office REIT is a reit—office business based in Australia. Centuria Office shares (COF) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Centuria Office has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $146.4 million.
How to buy shares in Centuria Office
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Centuria Office. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: COF. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Centuria Office reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Centuria Office. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Centuria Office key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Centuria Office stock a buy or sell?
- Centuria Office performance over time
- Are Centuria Office shares over-valued?
- Centuria Office's financials
- How volatile are Centuria Office shares?
- Does Centuria Office pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Centuria Office share priceUse our graph to track the performance of COF stocks over time.
Centuria Office shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$1.375 - AUDA$3.3|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$1.9962|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$1.9629|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.17 (7.82%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.05|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Centuria Office stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Centuria Office under- or over-valued?
Valuing Centuria Office stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Centuria Office's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Centuria Office's P/E ratio
Centuria Office's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 42x. In other words, Centuria Office shares trade at around 42x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Centuria Office financials
|Revenue TTM||$146.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||65.76%|
|Gross profit TTM||$100.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||3.39%|
|Return on equity TTM||2.12%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.1 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Centuria Office share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 356% of net profits
Recently Centuria Office has paid out, on average, around 356% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 7.82% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Centuria Office shareholders could enjoy a 7.82% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Centuria Office's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.17 per share.
Centuria Office's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 28 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Centuria Office share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Centuria Office's shares have ranged in value from as little as $1.375 up to $3.3. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Centuria Office's is 0.8711. This would suggest that Centuria Office's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Centuria Office overview
COF is Australia's largest ASX listed pure play office REIT and is included in the S&P/ASX300 Index. COF owns a portfolio of high quality assets situated in core office markets throughout Australia. COF is overseen by a hands-on, active manager and provides investors with income and the opportunity for capital growth from a pure play portfolio of high-quality Australian office assets. Centuria Property Funds Limited (CPFL) is the Responsible Entity for the ASX listed Centuria Office REIT (COF). CPFL, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Centuria Capital Group (CNI). CNI is an ASX-listed specialist investment manager with $9.4 billion13 in total assets under management and offers a range of investment opportunities including listed and unlisted property funds as well as tax-effective investment bonds.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert