How to buy Centuria Industrial (CIP) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Centuria Industrial shares.
Centuria Industrial is a reit - industrial business based in Australia. Centuria Industrial shares (CIP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Centuria Industrial has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $226.4 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Centuria Industrial
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Centuria Industrial. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CIP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Centuria Industrial reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Centuria Industrial. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Centuria Industrial key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Centuria Industrial stock a buy or sell?
- Centuria Industrial performance over time
- Centuria Industrial's financials
- How volatile are Centuria Industrial shares?
- Does Centuria Industrial pay a dividend?
- Have Centuria Industrial shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Centuria Industrial stock price (ASX:CIP)Use our graph to track the performance of CIP stocks over time.
Centuria Industrial shares at a glance
|52-week range||$2.785 - $3.467|
|50-day moving average||$2.9756|
|200-day moving average||$3.0816|
|Dividend yield||$0.16 (5.35%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.12|
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Centuria Industrial stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Centuria Industrial price performance over time
|1 week (2023-11-27)||1.67%|
|1 month (2023-11-03)||3.05%|
|3 months (2023-09-04)||-0.98%|
|6 months (2023-06-02)||-4.10%|
|1 year (2022-12-02)||-5.00%|
|2 years (2021-12-03)||-17.84%|
|3 years (2020-12-04)||-0.98%|
|5 years (2018-12-04)||6.52%|
Centuria Industrial financials
|Revenue TTM||$226.4 million|
|Operating margin TTM||64.6%|
|Gross profit TTM||$202.2 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.3%|
|Return on equity TTM||-2.95%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.9 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Centuria Industrial share dividends
We're not expecting Centuria Industrial to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Centuria Industrial's shares ever split?
Centuria Industrial's shares were split on a 1:4 basis on 2 July 2013. So if you had owned 4 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Centuria Industrial shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 300% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Centuria Industrial shares which in turn could have impacted Centuria Industrial's share price.
Centuria Industrial share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Centuria Industrial's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.785 up to $3.467. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Centuria Industrial's is 0.799. This would suggest that Centuria Industrial's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Centuria Industrial overview
CIP is Australia's largest domestic pure play industrial REIT and is included in the S&P/ASX 200 Index. CIP's portfolio of high-quality industrial assets is situated in key metropolitan locations throughout Australia and is underpinned by a quality and diverse tenant base. CIP is overseen by a hands on, active manager and provides investors with income and an opportunity for capital growth from a pure play portfolio of high-quality Australian industrial assets. Centuria Property Funds No. 2 Limited (CPF2L), is the Responsible Entity for the ASX-listed Centuria Industrial REIT (CIP) (ARSN 099 680 252). CPF2L is a wholly owned subsidiary of Centuria Capital Group (CNI). CNI is an ASX-listed specialist investment manager with more than $21 billion in total assets under management (as at 31 December 2022) and strong offerings across listed real estate investment trusts, unlisted real estate funds and investment bonds.
Stocks similar to Centuria Industrial
Centuria Industrial in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy OpenAI stock in Australia
Looking to jump on the AI bandwagon? Here's how you can invest in ChatGPT and its parent company OpenAI from Australia.
Best performing stocks on the ASX in 2023 (Updated weekly)
Looking for the best performing stocks in Australia? We update this list weekly.
Cryptocurrency ETFs explained: A simple guide for investors (2023)
If you’re looking for ways to gain exposure to Bitcoin and other digital currencies, cryptocurrency ETFs could be worth exploring. Find out what crypto ETFs are and how they work in this introductory guide.
How to buy Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA ADR (GOL) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Gol Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes SA shares from Australia.
How to buy Microsoft (MSFT) shares in Australia
Steps to owning and managing Microsoft shares from in Australia.
A beginner’s guide to Lego investing
Looking for alternative investments? With a ROI of up to 3,593% lego may be worth considering. Read on to find out which lego sets are worth the investment.
The cheapest stock brokers in Australia (Dec 2023)
Find cheap stock brokerage in Australia when buying and selling shares on the ASX and other international exchanges.
What is the money market?
Learn about the money market and everyday consumer money market products.
Is investing in crowdfunding a safe investment?
Equity crowdfunding offers a unique opportunity for investors and for Australian startups, but Australia’s regulatory framework surrounding crowdfunding still lags behind the rest of the world.
The best trading platforms in Australia for 2023
Follow these tips to find the best share trading platform for you.
Ask an Expert