How to buy Catapult Group International (CAT) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Catapult Group International shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Catapult Group International is a scientific & technical instruments business based in Australia. Catapult Group International shares (CAT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Catapult Group International has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $77 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Catapult Group International
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Catapult Group International. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CAT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Catapult Group International reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Catapult Group International. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Catapult Group International key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Catapult Group International stock a buy or sell?
- Catapult Group International performance over time
- Catapult Group International's financials
- How volatile are Catapult Group International shares?
- Does Catapult Group International pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Catapult Group International stock price (ASX:CAT)Use our graph to track the performance of CAT stocks over time.
Catapult Group International shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.71 - $2.18|
|50-day moving average||$1.039|
|200-day moving average||$1.4159|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.211|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Catapult Group International stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Catapult Group International price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-16)||0.67%|
|1 month (2022-05-26)||-26.34%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-38.62%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-50.97%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-62.99%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-34.91%|
|3 years (2019-06-26)||-31.05%|
|5 years (2017-06-23)||-63.53%|
Is Catapult Group International under- or over-valued?
Valuing Catapult Group International stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Catapult Group International's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Catapult Group International's EBITDA
Catapult Group International's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $13.5 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Catapult Group International's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Catapult Group International financials
|Revenue TTM||$77 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$2.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-14.57%|
|Return on equity TTM||-34.52%|
|Market capitalisation||$177.4 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Catapult Group International share dividends
We're not expecting Catapult Group International to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Catapult Group International share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Catapult Group International's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.71 up to $2.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Catapult Group International's is 2.2175. This would suggest that Catapult Group International's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Catapult Group International overview
Catapult Group International Limited develops and sells wearable tracking and analytics solutions in Australia, Europe, the Middle East, the Asia Pacific, and the Americas. It operates through three segments: Wearables, Video Analytics, and New Products. The company's wearable solutions include Vector, a wearable solution; ClearSky for indoor and outdoor team tracking solution; and PLAYERTEK+, an athlete monitoring system; and Catapult One, a fitness tracking device. It also provides video analysis solutions, including Catapult MatchTracker, Focus, and Hub Video Analysis, a data analysis solution; Catapult Thunder, a video analysis solution; and Catapult Vision, an all-in-one video solution. In addition, the company is involved in developing and selling tactical and coaching technology solutions, including digital video and analytics; performance and health technology solutions; an athlete management platform and analytics solution; subscription online sport learning platform. It serves prosumer athletes, sporting teams, leagues, and associations. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in Prahran, Australia.
Stocks similar to Catapult Group International
Catapult Group International in the news
Catapult Group International (ASX:CAT) dips 20% this week as increasing losses might not be inspiring confidence among its investors
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert