How to buy Carindale Property shares
Own Carindale Property shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Carindale Property Trust is a reit—retail business based in Australia. Carindale Property shares (CDP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Carindale Property has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $51.7 million.
How to buy shares in Carindale Property
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Carindale Property. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CDP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Carindale Property reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $3.56, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Carindale Property. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Carindale Property key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Carindale Property stock a buy or sell?
- Carindale Property performance over time
- Are Carindale Property shares over-valued?
- Carindale Property's financials
- How volatile are Carindale Property shares?
- Does Carindale Property pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Carindale Property's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Carindale Property's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $3.56, which is 38.41% down on its pre-crash value of $5.78 and 31.85% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $2.7.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Carindale Property shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $521.02 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $598.33.
Carindale Property share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CDP stocks over time.
Carindale Property shares at a glance
|52-week range||$2.56 - $6.16|
|50-day moving average||$3.415|
|200-day moving average||$3.3371|
|Dividend yield||$0.36 (10.08%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.293|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Carindale Property stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Carindale Property price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||-21.59%|
|1 month (2020-12-16)||-26.60%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-4.30%|
|6 months (2020-07-16)||9.54%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||-41.25%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||-50.35%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-54.12%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||-47.02%|
Is Carindale Property under- or over-valued?
Valuing Carindale Property stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Carindale Property's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Carindale Property's P/E ratio
Carindale Property's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 21x. In other words, Carindale Property shares trade at around 21x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Carindale Property financials
|Revenue TTM||$51.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||63.07%|
|Gross profit TTM||$32.9 million|
|Return on assets TTM||2.54%|
|Return on equity TTM||-21.4%|
|Market capitalisation||$251.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Carindale Property share dividends
We're not expecting Carindale Property to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Carindale Property share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Carindale Property's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.56 up to $6.16. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Carindale Property's is 0.7094. This would suggest that Carindale Property's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Carindale Property overview
Westfield Carindale is situated in an affluent quarter of Brisbane's south-eastern suburbs approximately 12 kilometres from the Brisbane CBD. The centre services a trade area population of approximately 690,000 with the nearby Gateway Motorway offering residents to the north and south of the centre convenient access. One of the city's leading retail and lifestyle destinations, Westfield Carindale is home to many of Australia's most well-known retailers including David Jones, Myer, Harris Scarfe, Big W, Target, Coles, Woolworths, ALDI and Apple, as well as a host of premium fashion brands. An Event Cinemas complex and a range of other retailers including approximately 400 specialty stores complete the retail offer while the adjoining Carindale Home & Leisure Centre offers bulky goods retail.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Carindale Property units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert