How to buy Capricor Therapeutics shares | $5.3
Own Capricor Therapeutics shares in just a few minutes.
Capricor Therapeutics, Inc is a biotechnology business with stocks listed in the US. Capricor Therapeutics shares (CAPR) are listed on the NASDAQ and all prices are listed in US Dollars. Its last market close was US$5.3 – an increase of 2.32% over the previous week.
How to buy shares in Capricor Therapeutics
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a US company from Australia you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to US stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Capricor Therapeutics. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CAPR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Capricor Therapeutics reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of US$5.3, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Capricor Therapeutics, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Capricor Therapeutics. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Capricor Therapeutics key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Capricor Therapeutics stock a buy or sell?
- Capricor Therapeutics performance over time
- Can I short Capricor Therapeutics shares?
- Capricor Therapeutics's financials
- How volatile are Capricor Therapeutics shares?
- Does Capricor Therapeutics pay a dividend?
- Have Capricor Therapeutics shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Capricor Therapeutics share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CAPR stocks over time.
Capricor Therapeutics shares at a glance
|Latest market close||USD$5.3|
|52-week range||USD$0.88 - USD$12.32|
|50-day moving average||USD$5.7043|
|200-day moving average||USD$4.6194|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||USD$-3.736|
Standard brokerage - US shares
Get $0 brokerage on US stocks with trades as little as $50 when you join the world’s biggest social trading network.
- $0 brokerage for US stocks
- Trades starting from $50
- Fractional shares
- Copy top traders
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Capricor Therapeutics stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Capricor Therapeutics price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||-0.19%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||0.76%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||12.05%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||310.85%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||72.08%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||404.76%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||74.92%|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||32.50%|
Capricor Therapeutics financials
|Gross profit TTM||US$-4,136,777|
|Return on assets TTM||-24.49%|
|Return on equity TTM||-50.83%|
|Market capitalisation||US$98.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Shorting Capricor Therapeutics shares
There are currently 1.9 million Capricor Therapeutics shares held short by investors – that's known as Capricor Therapeutics's "short interest". This figure is 6.7% down from 2.1 million last month.
There are a few different ways that this level of interest in shorting Capricor Therapeutics shares can be evaluated.
Capricor Therapeutics's "short interest ratio" (SIR)
Capricor Therapeutics's "short interest ratio" (SIR) is the quantity of Capricor Therapeutics shares currently shorted divided by the average quantity of Capricor Therapeutics shares traded daily (recently around 2.5 million). Capricor Therapeutics's SIR currently stands at 0.77. In other words for every 100,000 Capricor Therapeutics shares traded daily on the market, roughly 770 shares are currently held short.
However Capricor Therapeutics's short interest can also be evaluated against the total number of Capricor Therapeutics shares, or, against the total number of tradable Capricor Therapeutics shares (the shares that aren't held by "insiders" or major long-term shareholders – also known as the "float"). In this case Capricor Therapeutics's short interest could be expressed as 0.1% of the outstanding shares (for every 100,000 Capricor Therapeutics shares in existence, roughly 100 shares are currently held short) or 0.1% of the tradable shares (for every 100,000 tradable Capricor Therapeutics shares, roughly 100 shares are currently held short).
Such a low SIR usually points to an optimistic outlook for the share price, with fewer people currently willing to bet against Capricor Therapeutics.
Find out more about how you can short Capricor Therapeutics stock.
Capricor Therapeutics share dividends
We're not expecting Capricor Therapeutics to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Capricor Therapeutics's shares ever split?
Capricor Therapeutics's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 4 June 2019. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Capricor Therapeutics shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Capricor Therapeutics shares which in turn could have impacted Capricor Therapeutics's share price.
Capricor Therapeutics share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Capricor Therapeutics's shares have ranged in value from as little as US$0.88 up to US$12.32. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (NASDAQ average) beta is 1, while Capricor Therapeutics's is 6.9359. This would suggest that Capricor Therapeutics's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Capricor Therapeutics overview
Capricor Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of biological therapies for the treatment of diseases, with a focus on Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), and other rare disorders. The company's development stage drug candidates for cardiosphere-derived cells include CAP-1002, a cardiac cell derived therapy, which is in phase II clinical trial for the treatment of patients with late-stage DMD; and completed various trials investigating the use of CAP-1002 for the treatment of cardiac conditions, including heart failure and post myocardial infarction with cardiac dysfunction. It is also developing CAP-2003 that is in pre-clinical development for the treatment of inflammatory conditions. The company was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Beverly Hills, California.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert