How to buy Canyon Resources shares
Own Canyon Resources shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Canyon Resources Limited is an other industrial metals & mining business based in Australia. Canyon Resources shares (CAY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Canyon Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $77,179.
How to buy shares in Canyon Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Canyon Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CAY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Canyon Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.115, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Canyon Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
How has coronavirus impacted Canyon Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Canyon Resources's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.115, which is 17.86% down on its pre-crash value of $0.14 and 130.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.05.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Canyon Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $393.10 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $793.10.
Canyon Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CAY stocks over time.
Canyon Resources shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.05 - $0.21|
|50-day moving average||$0.1418|
|200-day moving average||$0.1303|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.022|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Canyon Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Canyon Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-07)||15.00%|
|1 month (2020-12-17)||0%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||-4.17%|
|6 months (2020-07-17)||-4.17%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||-25.81%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||-45.24%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-14.81%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||167.44%|
Canyon Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$-203,168|
|Return on assets TTM||-40.63%|
|Return on equity TTM||-73.24%|
|Market capitalisation||$74.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Canyon Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Canyon Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Canyon Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Canyon Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.05 up to $0.21. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Canyon Resources's is 1.9255. This would suggest that Canyon Resources's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Canyon Resources overview
Canyon Resources Limited, together with its subsidiaries, explores for bauxite and gold properties in West Africa. It primarily focuses on the 100% owned Minim Martap Bauxite project that comprises two deposits covering an area of 1,349 square kilometers located in the Adamawa region of Cameroon, central Africa. The company was formerly known as Castlemaine Resources Limited and changed its name to Canyon Resources Limited in March 2010. Canyon Resources Limited was incorporated in 2009 and is based in Perth, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Canyon Resources units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert