How to buy Canopy Growth (WEED) shares in Australia
Learn how to easily invest in Canopy Growth shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Canopy Growth Corporation (WEED) is a leading drug manufacturers-specialty & generic business with stocks listed in Canada. It opened the day at CADC$C$4.73 after a previous close of CADC$C$4.68. During the day the price has varied from a low of CADC$4.65 to a high of CADC$4.9. The latest price was CADC$4.88 (25 minute delay). Canopy Growth is listed on the TO. All prices are listed in Canadian Dollars.
What's in this guide?
How to buy shares in Canopy Growth
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares in a company that's listed outside of Australia, you'll need to find a trading platform that offers access to global stock markets. If you're just starting out, look for a platform with low brokerage and foreign exchange fees.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, credit card or debit card.
- Search for Canopy Growth. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: WEED. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Canopy Growth reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At last close price of CADC$C$4.88, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs. You may be able to buy a fractional share of Canopy Growth, depending on your broker.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Canopy Growth. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Canopy Growth stock price (TO:WEED)Use our graph to track the performance of WEED stocks over time.
Canopy Growth shares at a glance
|52-week range||C$4.19 - C$31.56|
|50-day moving average||C$6.7428|
|200-day moving average||C$11.573|
|Dividend yield||C$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||C$-0.772|
Compare trading apps to buy Canopy Growth shares
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Canopy Growth stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Canopy Growth price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-17)||11.67%|
|1 month (2022-05-27)||-20.65%|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-54.94%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-61.08%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-83.93%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-77.64%|
|3 years (2019-06-27)||-90.85%|
|5 years (2017-06-26)||-42.32%|
Canopy Growth financials
|Revenue TTM||CADC$520.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||CADC$-81,938,000|
|Return on assets TTM||-6.37%|
|Return on equity TTM||-8.84%|
|Market capitalisation||CADC$1.8 billion|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Canopy Growth share dividends
We're not expecting Canopy Growth to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Canopy Growth's shares ever split?
Canopy Growth's shares were split on a 1:5 basis on 4 April 2014. So if you had owned 5 shares the day before the split, the next day you would own 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Canopy Growth shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Canopy Growth shares which in turn could have impacted Canopy Growth's share price.
Canopy Growth share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Canopy Growth's shares have ranged in value from as little as CADC$4.19 up to CADC$31.56. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (TO average) beta is 1, while Canopy Growth's is 1.9914. This would suggest that Canopy Growth's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Canopy Growth overview
Canopy Growth Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, engages in the production, distribution, and sale of cannabis and hemp-based products for recreational and medical purposes primarily in Canada, the United States, and Germany. It operates through two segments, Global Cannabis and Other Consumer Products. The company's products include dried cannabis flower, extracts and concentrates, beverages, gummies, and vapes. It offers its products under the Tweed, 7ACRES, 7ACRES Craft Collective, DOJA, Ace Valley, Quatreau, Deep Space, First + Free, Surity Pro, Spectrum Therapeutics, Vert, Tokyo Smoke, Twd, Martha Stewart CBD, DNA Genetics, BioSteel, Storz & Bickel, This Works, HiWay, Simple Stash, Whisl, and Truverra brands. The company was formerly known as Tweed Marijuana Inc. and changed its name to Canopy Growth Corporation in September 2015. Canopy Growth Corporation was incorporated in 2009 and is headquartered in Smiths Falls, Canada.
Stocks similar to Canopy Growth
Canopy Growth in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
Ask an Expert