How to buy Cann Group (CAN) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Cann Group shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in Cann Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cann Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CAN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cann Group reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cann Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
Cann Group stock price (ASX:CAN)Use our graph to track the performance of CAN stocks over time.
Cann Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.23 - $0.435|
|50-day moving average||$0.3234|
|200-day moving average||$0.2923|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.077|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Cann Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cann Group price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-23)||-4.17%|
|1 month (2022-06-01)||-28.13%|
|3 months (2022-04-01)||-16.36%|
|6 months (2021-12-31)||-20.69%|
|1 year (2021-07-01)||-39.47%|
|2 years (2020-07-01)||-73.10%|
|3 years (2019-07-01)||-88.32%|
|5 years (2017-06-30)||-63.20%|
Cann Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$8.8 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$8.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-10.94%|
|Return on equity TTM||-23.33%|
|Market capitalisation||$85.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cann Group share dividends
We're not expecting Cann Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Cann Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cann Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.23 up to $0.435. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cann Group's is 1.421. This would suggest that Cann Group's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Cann Group overview
Cann Group Limited focuses on breeding, cultivating, manufacturing, and supplying medicinal cannabis for sale and use within Australia and for overseas export markets. It licenses to undertake research and to cultivate cannabis for human medicinal and research purposes. The company was founded in 2014 and is based in Bundoora, Australia.
Stocks similar to Cann Group
Cann Group in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to invest in the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO
Everything we know about the Australia Sunny Glass Group IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Kincora Copper (KCC) shares
Steps to owning and managing Kincora Copper shares.
How to invest in the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO
Everything we know about the Dragon Mountain Gold IPO, plus information on how to buy in.
How to buy Arcadia Minerals (AM7) shares
Steps to owning and managing Arcadia Minerals shares.
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
Ask an Expert