We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
How to buy shares in Cann Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cann Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CAN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cann Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cann Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
Cann Group stock price (ASX:CAN)Use our graph to track the performance of CAN stocks over time.
Cann Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.275 - $0.915|
|50-day moving average||$0.2936|
|200-day moving average||$0.4245|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.098|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Cann Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cann Group price performance over time
|1 week (2021-09-09)||-3.45%|
|1 month (2021-08-19)||-5.08%|
|3 months (2021-06-18)||-30.00%|
|6 months (2021-03-19)||-52.54%|
|1 year (2020-09-18)||-34.12%|
|2 years (2019-09-19)||-83.28%|
|3 years (2018-09-19)||-89.59%|
Cann Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$8.5 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$8.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-13.55%|
|Return on equity TTM||-32.83%|
|Market capitalisation||$88.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cann Group share dividends
We're not expecting Cann Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Cann Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cann Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.275 up to $0.915. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cann Group's is 1.8458. This would suggest that Cann Group's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Cann Group overview
Cann Group Limited operates in the medical cannabis industry in Australia. It licenses to undertake research and to cultivate cannabis for human medicinal and research purposes. The company was founded in 2014 and is based in Bundoora, Australia.
Stocks similar to Cann Group
Cann Group in the news
Cannabis Sector Weekly Roundup
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Why is the Telstra share price running higher today?
Shares in the telecoms operator have jumped nearly 40% over the last 12 months.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Wabi (WABI) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Wabi (WABI) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Cindicator (CND) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Cindicator (CND) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy MonaCoin (MONA) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the MonaCoin (MONA) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Bluzelle (BLZ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Bluzelle (BLZ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Whitecoin (XWC) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Whitecoin (XWC) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Storj (STORJ) in Australia
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Storj (STORJ) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Will Qantas shares jump as it locks in travel dates to Fiji, the UK and the US?
Despite the good news, Qantas shares closed flat following the announcement, but that could change in the coming weeks.
Why is the Pilbara Minerals share price zooming today?
Shares in the lithium producer are up five-fold over the last 12 months.
Ask an Expert