How to buy Calidus Resources shares | A$0.58
Own Calidus Resources shares in just a few minutes.
Calidus Resources Limited is a gold business based in Australia. Calidus Resources shares (CAI) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.58 – an increase of 1.75% over the previous week. Calidus Resources has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $338,688.
How to buy shares in Calidus Resources
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Calidus Resources. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CAI. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Calidus Resources reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.58, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Calidus Resources. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Calidus Resources key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Calidus Resources stock a buy or sell?
- Calidus Resources performance over time
- Calidus Resources's financials
- How volatile are Calidus Resources shares?
- Does Calidus Resources pay a dividend?
- Have Calidus Resources shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Calidus Resources's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Calidus Resources's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.58, which is 47.41% up on its pre-crash value of $0.305 and 241.18% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.17.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Calidus Resources shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $629.63 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,148.15.
Calidus Resources share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CAI stocks over time.
Calidus Resources shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.58|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.185 - AUDA$0.64|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.5636|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.4301|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Calidus Resources stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Calidus Resources price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-14)||10.48%|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||0.87%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||23.40%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||190.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||100.00%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||100.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||18.37%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-80.67%|
Is Calidus Resources under- or over-valued?
Valuing Calidus Resources stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Calidus Resources's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Calidus Resources's EBITDA
Calidus Resources's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $2.2 million (£0.0 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Calidus Resources's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Calidus Resources financials
|Gross profit TTM||$3.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.81%|
|Return on equity TTM||-10.63%|
|Market capitalisation||$168.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Calidus Resources share dividends
We're not expecting Calidus Resources to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Calidus Resources's shares ever split?
Calidus Resources's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 26 November 2019. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Calidus Resources shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Calidus Resources shares which in turn could have impacted Calidus Resources's share price.
Calidus Resources share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Calidus Resources's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.185 up to $0.64. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Calidus Resources's is 1.2726. This would suggest that Calidus Resources's shares are more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Calidus Resources overview
Calidus Resources Limited engages in the exploration and exploitation of gold minerals in Australia. Its flagship property is the Warrawoona Gold project covering an area of approximately 781 square kilometers located in the East Pilbara district of the Pilbara Goldfield in Western Australia. The company is based in West Perth, Australia. Calidus Resources Limited(ASX:CAI) operates independently of Keras Resources Plc as of November 26, 2019.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert