How to buy Cadence Capital shares | A$0.745
Own Cadence Capital shares in just a few minutes.
Cadence Capital Limited is an asset management business based in Australia. Cadence Capital shares (CDM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.745 – an increase of 2.05% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $230.6 million.
How to buy shares in Cadence Capital
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cadence Capital. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CDM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cadence Capital reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.745, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cadence Capital. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Cadence Capital key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Cadence Capital stock a buy or sell?
- Cadence Capital performance over time
- Are Cadence Capital shares over-valued?
- Cadence Capital's financials
- How volatile are Cadence Capital shares?
- Does Cadence Capital pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Cadence Capital's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Cadence Capital's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.745, which is 3.36% up on its pre-crash value of $0.72 and 132.81% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.32.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Cadence Capital shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $506.76 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $1,006.76.
Cadence Capital share priceUse our graph to track the performance of CDM stocks over time.
Cadence Capital shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.745|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.35 - AUDA$0.82|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.7276|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.6529|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.04 (5.44%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.011|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Cadence Capital stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cadence Capital price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-24)||1.36%|
|1 month (2020-09-01)||5.67%|
|3 months (2020-07-01)||21.14%|
|6 months (2020-04-01)||50.51%|
|1 year (2019-10-01)||-8.02%|
|2 years (2018-10-01)||-38.17%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||-42.69%|
|5 years (2015-10-01)||-45.74%|
Is Cadence Capital under- or over-valued?
Valuing Cadence Capital stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Cadence Capital's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Cadence Capital's P/E ratio
Cadence Capital's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 51x. In other words, Cadence Capital shares trade at around 51x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Cadence Capital financials
|Operating margin TTM||142.06%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-10,589,449|
|Return on assets TTM||-2.46%|
|Return on equity TTM||-3.43%|
|Market capitalisation||$230.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cadence Capital share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 416.67% of net profits
Recently Cadence Capital has paid out, on average, around 416.67% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 5.44% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Cadence Capital shareholders could enjoy a 5.44% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Cadence Capital's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.04 per share.
Cadence Capital's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 18 October 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Cadence Capital share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cadence Capital's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.35 up to $0.82. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cadence Capital's is 0.741. This would suggest that Cadence Capital's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Cadence Capital overview
Cadence Capital Limited is a close ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by Cadence Asset Management. The fund invests in the public equity markets of Australia. It seeks to invest in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. The fund seeks to invest in the stocks listed on Australian Securities Exchange. It benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the All Ordinaries Accumulation Index and the Small Ordinaries Accumulation Index. Cadence Capital Limited was formed in October 2005 and is domiciled in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert