How to buy Cadence Capital (CDM) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Cadence Capital shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Cadence Capital is an asset management business based in Australia. Cadence Capital shares (CDM) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Cadence Capital has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $82.9 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Cadence Capital
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Cadence Capital. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: CDM. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Cadence Capital reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Cadence Capital. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Cadence Capital key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Cadence Capital stock a buy or sell?
- Cadence Capital performance over time
- Are Cadence Capital shares over-valued?
- Cadence Capital's financials
- How volatile are Cadence Capital shares?
- Does Cadence Capital pay a dividend?
- Other common questions
Cadence Capital stock price (ASX:CDM)Use our graph to track the performance of CDM stocks over time.
Cadence Capital shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.84 - $1.2545|
|50-day moving average||$0.9309|
|200-day moving average||$1.0037|
|Dividend yield||$0.07 (8.99%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.164|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Cadence Capital stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Cadence Capital price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-21)||-3.37%|
|1 month (2022-05-27)||-8.02%|
|3 months (2022-03-29)||-19.25%|
|6 months (2021-12-29)||-13.13%|
|1 year (2021-06-29)||-18.48%|
|2 years (2020-06-29)||42.74%|
|3 years (2019-06-28)||14.67%|
|5 years (2017-06-28)||-28.93%|
Is Cadence Capital under- or over-valued?
Valuing Cadence Capital stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Cadence Capital's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Cadence Capital's P/E ratio
Cadence Capital's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 5x. In other words, Cadence Capital shares trade at around 5x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Cadence Capital financials
|Revenue TTM||$82.9 million|
|Operating margin TTM||85.14%|
|Gross profit TTM||$122.6 million|
|Return on assets TTM||10.43%|
|Return on equity TTM||13.78%|
|Market capitalisation||$256.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Cadence Capital share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 41.18% of net profits
Recently Cadence Capital has paid out, on average, around 41.18% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 8.99% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Cadence Capital shareholders could enjoy a 8.99% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Cadence Capital's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.07 per share.
While Cadence Capital's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Cadence Capital may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 31 March 2022 (the "ex-dividend date").
Cadence Capital share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Cadence Capital's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.84 up to $1.2545. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Cadence Capital's is 0.8017. This would suggest that Cadence Capital's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Cadence Capital overview
Cadence Capital Limited is a close ended equity mutual fund launched and managed by Cadence Asset Management. The fund invests in the public equity markets of Australia. It seeks to invest in stocks of companies operating across diversified sectors. The fund seeks to invest in the stocks listed on Australian Securities Exchange. It benchmarks the performance of its portfolio against the All Ordinaries Accumulation Index and the Small Ordinaries Accumulation Index. Cadence Capital Limited was formed in October 2005 and is domiciled in Australia.
Stocks similar to Cadence Capital
Cadence Capital in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert