How to buy Buderim Group shares | A$0.19
Own Buderim Group shares in just a few minutes.
Buderim Group Limited is a packaged foods business based in Australia. Buderim Group shares (BUG) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.19 – the same closing value as a week prior. Buderim Group has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $42.1 million.
How to buy shares in Buderim Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Buderim Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BUG. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Buderim Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.19, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Buderim Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Buderim Group key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Buderim Group stock a buy or sell?
- Buderim Group performance over time
- Are Buderim Group shares over-valued?
- Buderim Group's financials
- How volatile are Buderim Group shares?
- Does Buderim Group pay a dividend?
- Have Buderim Group shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Buderim Group's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Buderim Group's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.19, which is 20.83% down on its pre-crash value of $0.24 and 58.33% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.12.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Buderim Group shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $560.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $760.00.
Buderim Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BUG stocks over time.
Buderim Group shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.19|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.11 - AUDA$0.275|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.2219|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.1829|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Buderim Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Buderim Group price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-10)||0.19|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||-20.83%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||11.76%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||58.33%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||-13.64%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||-29.63%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||-29.63%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||-69.30%|
Is Buderim Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Buderim Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Buderim Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Buderim Group's P/E ratio
Buderim Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 196x. In other words, Buderim Group shares trade at around 196x recent earnings.
That's relatively high compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The high P/E ratio could mean that investors are optimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're over-valued.
Buderim Group's EBITDA
Buderim Group's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.5 million (£860,883).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Buderim Group's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Buderim Group financials
|Revenue TTM||$42.1 million|
|Operating margin TTM||0.75%|
|Gross profit TTM||$11.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||0.25%|
|Return on equity TTM||-7.92%|
|Market capitalisation||$16.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Buderim Group share dividends
We're not expecting Buderim Group to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Buderim Group's shares ever split?
Buderim Group's shares were split on a 1:4 basis on 30 April 2012. So if you had owned 4 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Buderim Group shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 300% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Buderim Group shares which in turn could have impacted Buderim Group's share price.
Buderim Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Buderim Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.11 up to $0.275. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Buderim Group's is 1.2036. This would suggest that Buderim Group's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Buderim Group overview
Buderim Group Limited, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and distributes confectionery ginger and other ginger-based products to industrial, food service, and retail customers worldwide. It operates through Ginger, Macadamias, and Tourism segments. The company also engages in the processing, production, and marketing of macadamia products to wholesale and retail customers. In addition, it sells ginger, and other retail gift and food products, as well as provides leisure services in the Australian tourism market. The company was formerly known as Buderim Ginger Limited and changed its name to Buderim Group Limited in November 2015. The company was founded in 1941 and is headquartered in Milton, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert