How to buy Buddy Technologies (BUD) shares
Learn how to easily invest in Buddy Technologies shares.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Buddy Technologies is a software-infrastructure business based in Australia. Buddy Technologies shares (BUD) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are in Australian dollars. Buddy Technologies has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $25.3 million. If you're looking to buy shares, check out the steps below.
How to buy shares in Buddy Technologies
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the ASX. Our table can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, such as your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Buddy Technologies. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BUD. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Buddy Technologies reaches your desired price. Look into dollar-cost averaging to spread out your risk, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Buddy Technologies. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock and the business performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Buddy Technologies stock price (ASX:BUD)Use our graph to track the performance of BUD stocks over time.
Buddy Technologies shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.005 - $0.026|
|50-day moving average||$0.006|
|200-day moving average||$0.011|
|Dividend yield||$0 (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.018|
Compare share trading platforms
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
Is it a good time to buy Buddy Technologies stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. However, this is not a recommendation. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Buddy Technologies price performance over time
|1 week (2022-06-16)||0.006|
|1 month (2022-05-26)||0.006|
|3 months (2022-03-25)||-14.29%|
|6 months (2021-12-24)||-62.50%|
|1 year (2021-06-25)||-86.05%|
|2 years (2020-06-26)||-53.85%|
|3 years (2019-06-26)||-86.05%|
|5 years (2017-06-26)||-93.88%|
Buddy Technologies financials
|Revenue TTM||$25.3 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-2,365,015|
|Return on assets TTM||-22.24%|
|Return on equity TTM||-394.95%|
|Market capitalisation||$21.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Buddy Technologies share dividends
We're not expecting Buddy Technologies to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Buddy Technologies share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Buddy Technologies's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.005 up to $0.026. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta measures a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Buddy Technologies's is 2.6513. This would suggest that Buddy Technologies's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Buddy Technologies overview
Buddy Technologies Limited operates as an IoT and cloud-based technology company in Australia, North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. The company operates through Commercial Business and Consumer Business segments. It offers Buddy Ohm, a resource monitoring and analytics solution that provides energy monitoring, reporting, and auditing services for commercial and industrial customers; and Buddy Managed Services that licenses Buddy's technology platforms to customers for integration into their own products. The company also provides Buddy Cloud that enables access to and storage of data from recreational vehicles, schools, commercial buildings, or cities; and Parse on Buddy, a mobile backend as a service built on the BaaS technology. In addition, it offers smart lighting solutions for homes through distributors, retailers, and e-commerce platforms under the LIFX brand. The company was formerly known as Buddy Platform Limited and changed its name to Buddy Technologies Limited in April 2019. Buddy Technologies Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is headquartered in Adelaide, Australia.
Stocks similar to Buddy Technologies
Buddy Technologies in the news
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Nexgen Energy (NXG) shares
Steps to owning and managing Nexgen Energy shares.
How to buy Keypath Education (KED) shares
Steps to owning and managing Keypath Education shares.
What are green bonds and how do they impact the world?
If you want to directly fund climate solutions a green bond is a great place to start. Here is how they work.
5 best ways to invest money in Australia in 2022
What's the best way to invest money in Australia? Find out about robo advisors, index funds, cryptocurrency and more in this guide.
How to buy EBR Systems (EBR) shares
Steps to owning and managing EBR Systems shares.
How to buy 5E Advanced Materials (5EA) shares
Steps to owning and managing 5E Advanced Materials shares.
How to buy Leo lithium shares
Steps to owning and managing Leo lithium shares.
How to buy Besra Gold (BEZ) shares
Steps to owning and managing Besra Gold shares.
How to buy The Lottery Corporation (TLC) shares
Steps to owning and managing The Lottery Corporation shares.
How to buy BSP Financial Group (BFL) shares
Steps to owning and managing Endeavour Group shares.
Ask an Expert