How to buy Buddy Technologies shares | A$0.072
Own Buddy Technologies shares in just a few minutes.
Buddy Technologies Limited is a software—infrastructure business based in Australia. Buddy Technologies shares (BUD) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.072 – an increase of 2.86% over the previous week. Buddy Technologies has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $31 million.
How to buy shares in Buddy Technologies
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Buddy Technologies. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BUD. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Buddy Technologies reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.072, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Buddy Technologies. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted Buddy Technologies's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Buddy Technologies's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.072, which is 56.94% up on its pre-crash value of $0.031 and 1,100.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.006.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Buddy Technologies shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $275.86 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $2,482.76.
Buddy Technologies share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BUD stocks over time.
Buddy Technologies shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.072|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.007 - AUDA$0.1|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.05|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0219|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.022|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Buddy Technologies stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Buddy Technologies price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-10)||-8.86%|
|1 month (2020-08-20)||100.00%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||500.00%|
|6 months (2020-03-20)||700.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||227.27%|
|2 years (2018-09-20)||-31.43%|
|3 years (2017-09-20)||-64.88%|
|5 years (2015-09-18)||-40.00%|
Buddy Technologies financials
|Revenue TTM||$31 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$-1,418,448|
|Return on assets TTM||-13.16%|
|Return on equity TTM||-105%|
|Market capitalisation||$174.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Buddy Technologies share dividends
We're not expecting Buddy Technologies to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Buddy Technologies share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Buddy Technologies's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.007 up to $0.1. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Buddy Technologies's is 3.4658. This would suggest that Buddy Technologies's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
Buddy Technologies overview
Buddy Technologies Limited operates as an IoT and cloud-based technology company in Australia. It operates through Commercial Business and Consumer Business segments. The company offers Buddy Ohm, a resource monitoring and analytics solution that provides energy monitoring, reporting, and auditing services for commercial and industrial customers; and Buddy Managed Services that license Buddy's technology platforms to customers for integration into their own products. It also provides Buddy Cloud that enables access to and storage of data from recreational vehicles, schools, commercial buildings, or cities; and Parse on Buddy, a mobile backend as a service built on the BaaS technology. In addition, the company offers Wi-Fi enabled lights for homes through distributors, retailers, and e-commerce platforms under LIFX brand. The company was formerly known as Buddy Platform Limited and changed its name to Buddy Technologies Limited in April 2019. Buddy Technologies Limited was incorporated in 2006 and is headquartered in Adelaide, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert