How to buy Brookside Energy shares
Own Brookside Energy shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Brookside Energy Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Brookside Energy shares (BRK) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Brookside Energy has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $1.4 million.
How to buy shares in Brookside Energy
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Brookside Energy. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BRK. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Brookside Energy reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.006, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Brookside Energy. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Brookside Energy key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Brookside Energy stock a buy or sell?
- Brookside Energy performance over time
- Are Brookside Energy shares over-valued?
- Brookside Energy's financials
- How volatile are Brookside Energy shares?
- Does Brookside Energy pay a dividend?
- Have Brookside Energy shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Brookside Energy's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Brookside Energy's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.006, which is 40.00% down on its pre-crash value of $0.01 and 200.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.002.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Brookside Energy shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $428.57 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $857.14.
Brookside Energy share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BRK stocks over time.
Brookside Energy shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.002 - $0.01|
|50-day moving average||$0.0053|
|200-day moving average||$0.0051|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.001|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Brookside Energy stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Brookside Energy price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||-29.41%|
|1 month (2020-12-16)||-14.29%|
|3 months (2020-10-16)||20.00%|
|6 months (2020-07-16)||20.00%|
|1 year (2020-01-16)||-14.29%|
|2 years (2019-01-16)||-53.85%|
|3 years (2018-01-16)||-57.14%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||-25.00%|
Is Brookside Energy under- or over-valued?
Valuing Brookside Energy stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Brookside Energy's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Brookside Energy's P/E ratio
Brookside Energy's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 4x. In other words, Brookside Energy shares trade at around 4x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Brookside Energy's EBITDA
Brookside Energy's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $1.2 million (£663,913).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Brookside Energy's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Brookside Energy financials
|Revenue TTM||$1.4 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.7 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-1.47%|
|Return on equity TTM||-0.69%|
|Market capitalisation||$6.8 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Brookside Energy share dividends
We're not expecting Brookside Energy to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Brookside Energy's shares ever split?
Brookside Energy's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 2 October 2015. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Brookside Energy shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Brookside Energy shares which in turn could have impacted Brookside Energy's share price.
Brookside Energy share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Brookside Energy's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.002 up to $0.01. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Brookside Energy's is 1.1373. This would suggest that Brookside Energy's shares are a little bit more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent, relatively-speaking, a slightly higher risk (but potentially also market-beating returns).
Brookside Energy overview
Brookside Energy Limited engages in developing oil and gas assets in the Anadarko Basin in Oklahoma, the United States. The company acquires approximately 3,000 net working interest acres across four counties in south western Oklahoma, such as Blaine, Garvin, Stephens, and Carter. It is also involved in the leasing and development of acreage opportunities. The company was formerly known as Red Fork Energy Limited and changed its name to Brookside Energy Limited in June 2015. Brookside Energy Limited was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Brookside Energy units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert