How to buy Briscoe Group shares
Own Briscoe Group shares in just a few minutes.
Briscoe Group Limited is a department stores business based in Australia. Briscoe Group shares (BGP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $843.1 million.
How to buy shares in Briscoe Group
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Briscoe Group. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BGP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Briscoe Group reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $N/A, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Briscoe Group. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Briscoe Group share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BGP stocks over time.
Briscoe Group shares at a glance
|52-week range||AUDA$2.7 - AUDA$3.97|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$3.304|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$3.3749|
|Dividend yield||AUDA$0.17 (4.48%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$0.2796|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Briscoe Group stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Is Briscoe Group under- or over-valued?
Valuing Briscoe Group stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Briscoe Group's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Briscoe Group's P/E ratio
Briscoe Group's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 14x. In other words, Briscoe Group shares trade at around 14x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Briscoe Group financials
|Gross profit TTM||$257.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||9.65%|
|Return on equity TTM||25.56%|
|Market capitalisation||$843.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Briscoe Group share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 30.67% of net profits
Recently Briscoe Group has paid out, on average, around 30.67% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 4.48% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Briscoe Group shareholders could enjoy a 4.48% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Briscoe Group's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.17 per share.
While Briscoe Group's payout ratio might seem fairly standard, it's worth remembering that Briscoe Group may be investing much of the rest of its net profits in future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 20 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Briscoe Group share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Briscoe Group's shares have ranged in value from as little as $2.7 up to $3.97. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Briscoe Group's is 0.562. This would suggest that Briscoe Group's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Briscoe Group overview
Briscoe Group Limited, through its subsidiaries, engages in the retail of homeware and sporting goods in New Zealand. The company operates in two segments, Homeware and Sporting Goods. It operates retail stores under the Briscoes Homeware, Living & Giving, and Rebel Sport brands. As of January 26, 2020, the company operated a network of 47 bricks and mortar stores, including 24 fulfilment hubs; and 40 stores, including 20 fulfilment hubs. It also sells products online. The company was founded in 1781 and is headquartered in Auckland, New Zealand. Briscoe Group Limited is a subsidiary of JB Were (NZ) Nominees Limited.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert