How to buy BrainChip Holdings shares | A$0.37
Own BrainChip Holdings shares in just a few minutes.
BrainChip Holdings Ltd is a semiconductors business based in Australia. BrainChip Holdings shares (BRN) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.37 – a decrease of 13.95% over the previous week. BrainChip Holdings has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $22,336.
How to buy shares in BrainChip Holdings
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for BrainChip Holdings. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BRN. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until BrainChip Holdings reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.37, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of BrainChip Holdings. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
How has coronavirus impacted BrainChip Holdings's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, BrainChip Holdings's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.37, which is 83.78% up on its pre-crash value of $0.06 and 1,133.33% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.03.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of BrainChip Holdings shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $714.29 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $7,551.02.
BrainChip Holdings share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BRN stocks over time.
BrainChip Holdings shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.37|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.03 - AUDA$0.97|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.3821|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.152|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.012|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy BrainChip Holdings stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
BrainChip Holdings price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-23)||-13.95%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||17.46%|
|3 months (2020-06-30)||356.79%|
|6 months (2020-03-30)||900.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-30)||670.83%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||166.00%|
|3 years (2017-09-29)||121.56%|
|5 years (2015-09-30)||28.83%|
BrainChip Holdings financials
|Gross profit TTM||$75,574|
|Return on assets TTM||-97.59%|
|Return on equity TTM||-245.65%|
|Market capitalisation||$612.1 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
BrainChip Holdings share dividends
We're not expecting BrainChip Holdings to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
BrainChip Holdings share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, BrainChip Holdings's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.03 up to $0.97. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while BrainChip Holdings's is 2.3095. This would suggest that BrainChip Holdings's shares are significantly more volatile than the average for this exchange and represent a higher risk.
BrainChip Holdings overview
BrainChip Holdings Ltd develops software and hardware accelerated solutions for artificial intelligence and machine learning applications in North America, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia. It offers Akida Development Environment, a machine learning framework for creating, training, and testing spiking neural networks, as well as supporting the development of systems for edge and enterprise products; and Akida Neuromorphic System-on-Chip, a neuromorphic computing device. The company also provides BrainChip Studio that aids law enforcement and intelligence organizations to search video footage and identify patterns or faces; BrainChip Accelerator, a PCI-express add-in card that enhances the speed and accuracy of the object recognition function of BrainChip Studio software; and Akida Neuromorphic IP, for neural network processing Its products are used in various applications, such as vision systems, financial technology, cybersecurity, civil surveillance, and casino solutions. BrainChip Holdings Ltd was incorporated in 2011 and is based in Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert