How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas shares
Own Bounty Oil & Gas shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Bounty Oil & Gas NL is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Bounty Oil & Gas shares (BUY) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Bounty Oil & Gas has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $2.9 million.
How to buy shares in Bounty Oil & Gas
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Bounty Oil & Gas. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BUY. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Bounty Oil & Gas reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.015, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Bounty Oil & Gas. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Bounty Oil & Gas key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Bounty Oil & Gas stock a buy or sell?
- Bounty Oil & Gas performance over time
- Bounty Oil & Gas's financials
- How volatile are Bounty Oil & Gas shares?
- Does Bounty Oil & Gas pay a dividend?
- Have Bounty Oil & Gas shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Bounty Oil & Gas's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Bounty Oil & Gas's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.015, which is 53.33% up on its pre-crash value of $0.007 and 275.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.004.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Bounty Oil & Gas shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $1,200.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $3,000.00.
Bounty Oil & Gas share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BUY stocks over time.
Bounty Oil & Gas shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.004 - $0.028|
|50-day moving average||$0.0199|
|200-day moving average||$0.014|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Bounty Oil & Gas stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Bounty Oil & Gas price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-08)||-6.25%|
|1 month (2020-12-15)||15.38%|
|3 months (2020-10-15)||-11.76%|
|6 months (2020-07-15)||7.14%|
|1 year (2020-01-15)||200.00%|
|2 years (2019-01-15)||275.00%|
|3 years (2018-01-11)||114.29%|
|5 years (2016-01-15)||50.00%|
Is Bounty Oil & Gas under- or over-valued?
Valuing Bounty Oil & Gas stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Bounty Oil & Gas's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Bounty Oil & Gas's EBITDA
Bounty Oil & Gas's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $310,755 (£176,849).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Bounty Oil & Gas's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Bounty Oil & Gas financials
|Revenue TTM||$2.9 million|
|Gross profit TTM||$1.4 million|
|Return on assets TTM||-14.21%|
|Return on equity TTM||-26.99%|
|Market capitalisation||$14.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Bounty Oil & Gas share dividends
We're not expecting Bounty Oil & Gas to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Bounty Oil & Gas's shares ever split?
Bounty Oil & Gas's shares were split on 4 December 2002.
Bounty Oil & Gas share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Bounty Oil & Gas's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.004 up to $0.028. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Bounty Oil & Gas's is 0.9249. This would suggest that Bounty Oil & Gas's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Bounty Oil & Gas overview
Bounty Oil & Gas NL engages in the exploration, production, and marketing of oil and gas in Australia and Tanzania. It also invests in listed shares and securities. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in North Sydney, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$51.7
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$52.97
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$102.29
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$23.73
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$88.25
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$16
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$74.89
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$50.91
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Bounty Oil & Gas units | A$9.43
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert