How to buy Bluechiip shares | A$0.066
Own Bluechiip shares in just a few minutes.
Bluechiip Limited is a semiconductors business based in Australia. Bluechiip shares (BCT) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.066 – a decrease of 5.71% over the previous week. Bluechiip has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $235,630.
How to buy shares in Bluechiip
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Bluechiip. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BCT. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Bluechiip reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.066, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Bluechiip. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
How has coronavirus impacted Bluechiip's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Bluechiip's share price has had significant negative movement.
Its last market close was $0.066, which is 45.00% down on its pre-crash value of $0.12 and 34.69% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.049.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Bluechiip shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $400.00 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $488.89.
Bluechiip share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BCT stocks over time.
Bluechiip shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.066|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.022 - AUDA$0.18|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0583|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0592|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.007|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Bluechiip stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Bluechiip price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-22)||-5.71%|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||1.54%|
|3 months (2020-06-29)||29.41%|
|6 months (2020-03-27)||10.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-27)||-62.29%|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||3.13%|
|3 years (2017-09-25)||N/A|
|5 years (2015-09-29)||110.86%|
|Gross profit TTM||$44,081|
|Return on assets TTM||-43.65%|
|Return on equity TTM||-57.12%|
|Market capitalisation||$40.3 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Bluechiip share dividends
We're not expecting Bluechiip to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Bluechiip share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Bluechiip's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.022 up to $0.18. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Bluechiip's is 0.947. This would suggest that Bluechiip's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Bluechiip Limited develops and commercializes wireless tracking solutions for the healthcare and life science, security, defense, and manufacturing industries. The company offers Bluechiip products, such as retrofit button for CryoVials; Bluechiip enabled CryoVial boxes to enable ID and temperature recording; CryoTag measure sample temperatures of racks, cassettes, towers, and tanks; Matchbox Reader to read the Bluechiip-enabled vials and CryoTags; and Multi-Vial Reader to scan the ID and temperature. It also provides Hand-Held Reader to scan Bluechiip-enabled Cryovials; Stream Sample-Management Software, a Web-based sample-management and temperature chain-of-custody application for bio-samples stored in cryogenic environments; Blood Cassettes, which are polycarbonate cassettes to store blood bags with platelet and plasma concentrates; and stainless steel towers/racks/frames to store cryogenic boxes. Bluechiip Limited was founded in 2003 and is headquartered in Scoresby, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert