How to buy Blue Star Helium shares | A$0.032
Own Blue Star Helium shares in just a few minutes.
Blue Star Helium Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Blue Star Helium shares (BNL) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.032 – a decrease of 3.03% over the previous week. and has a market cap (total outstanding shares value) of $32.9 million.
How to buy shares in Blue Star Helium
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Blue Star Helium. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BNL. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Blue Star Helium reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.032, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Blue Star Helium. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
- Blue Star Helium key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Blue Star Helium stock a buy or sell?
- Blue Star Helium performance over time
- Blue Star Helium's financials
- How volatile are Blue Star Helium shares?
- Does Blue Star Helium pay a dividend?
- Have Blue Star Helium shares ever split?
- Other common questions
How has coronavirus impacted Blue Star Helium's share price?
Since the stock market crash in March caused by coronavirus, Blue Star Helium's share price has had significant positive movement.
Its last market close was $0.032, which is 78.13% up on its pre-crash value of $0.007 and 700.00% up on the lowest point reached during the March crash when the shares fell as low as $0.004.
If you had bought $1,000 worth of Blue Star Helium shares at the start of February 2020, those shares would have been worth $571.43 at the bottom of the March crash, and if you held on to them, then as of the last market close they'd be worth $4,571.43.
Blue Star Helium share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BNL stocks over time.
Blue Star Helium shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.032|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.004 - AUDA$0.037|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.0211|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.0121|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Blue Star Helium stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Blue Star Helium price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-12)||N/A|
|1 month (2020-08-21)||100.00%|
|3 months (2020-06-19)||166.67%|
|6 months (2020-03-23)||700.00%|
|1 year (2019-09-20)||433.33%|
|2 years (2018-09-21)||190.91%|
|3 years (2017-09-21)||-99.57%|
|5 years (2015-09-21)||-99.57%|
Blue Star Helium financials
|Operating margin TTM||3121.59%|
|Gross profit TTM||$-34,775|
|Return on assets TTM||-40.57%|
|Return on equity TTM||-97.04%|
|Market capitalisation||$32.9 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Blue Star Helium share dividends
We're not expecting Blue Star Helium to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Have Blue Star Helium's shares ever split?
Blue Star Helium's shares were split on a 1:15 basis on 24 January 2018. So if you had owned 15 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Blue Star Helium shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 1400% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Blue Star Helium shares which in turn could have impacted Blue Star Helium's share price.
Blue Star Helium share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Blue Star Helium's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.004 up to $0.037. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Blue Star Helium's is -26.7598. This would suggest that Blue Star Helium's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Blue Star Helium has bucked the trend.
Blue Star Helium overview
Blue Star Helium Limited operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company in North America. It focuses on exploring helium projects. The company was formerly known as Big Star Energy Limited and changed its name to Blue Star Helium Limited in April 2020. Blue Star Helium Limited is headquartered in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert