How to buy Blackwall Property shares
Own Blackwall Property shares in just a few minutes.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Blackwall Property Trust is a reit—diversified business based in Australia. Blackwall Property shares (BWR) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Blackwall Property has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $24.7 million..
How to buy shares in Blackwall Property
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Blackwall Property. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BWR. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Blackwall Property reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $1.44, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Blackwall Property. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
🧪How we chose these brokersFor our Top Picks, we compared our Finder partners using a proprietary algorithm in August 2020. Keep in mind that our top picks may not always be the best for you, and you're encouraged to compare for yourself to find one that works for you. Read our full methodology here to find out more.
What's in this guide?
- Blackwall Property key stats
- Compare share trading platforms
- Is Blackwall Property stock a buy or sell?
- Blackwall Property performance over time
- Are Blackwall Property shares over-valued?
- Blackwall Property's financials
- How volatile are Blackwall Property shares?
- Does Blackwall Property pay a dividend?
- Have Blackwall Property shares ever split?
- Other common questions
Blackwall Property share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BWR stocks over time.
Blackwall Property shares at a glance
|52-week range||$0.925 - $1.455|
|50-day moving average||$1.4126|
|200-day moving average||$1.3282|
|Dividend yield||$0.07 (4.84%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||$0.051|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Blackwall Property stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Blackwall Property price performance over time
|1 week (2021-01-12)||-0.69%|
|1 month (2020-12-18)||-1.03%|
|3 months (2020-10-20)||-0.35%|
|6 months (2020-07-20)||2.86%|
|1 year (2020-01-17)||1.41%|
|2 years (2019-01-18)||0.70%|
|3 years (2018-01-19)||4.35%|
|5 years (2016-01-19)||7.66%|
Is Blackwall Property under- or over-valued?
Valuing Blackwall Property stock is incredibly difficult, and any metric has to be viewed as part of a bigger picture of Blackwall Property's overall performance. However, analysts commonly use some key metrics to help gauge the value of a stock.
Blackwall Property's P/E ratio
Blackwall Property's current share price divided by its per-share earnings (EPS) over a 12-month period gives a "trailing price/earnings ratio" of roughly 28x. In other words, Blackwall Property shares trade at around 28x recent earnings.
That's relatively low compared to, say, the P/E ratio for the ASX over the 12 months to December 2019 (32.14). The low P/E ratio could mean that investors are pessimistic about the outlook for the shares or simply that they're under-valued.
Blackwall Property's EBITDA
Blackwall Property's EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortisation) is $14.1 million (£8 million).
The EBITDA is a measure of a Blackwall Property's overall financial performance and is widely used to measure a its profitability.
Blackwall Property financials
|Revenue TTM||$24.7 million|
|Operating margin TTM||29.44%|
|Gross profit TTM||$17.5 million|
|Return on assets TTM||1.37%|
|Return on equity TTM||9.33%|
|Market capitalisation||$214.6 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Blackwall Property share dividends
Dividend payout ratio: 140% of net profits
Recently Blackwall Property has paid out, on average, around 140% of net profits as dividends. That has enabled analysts to estimate a "forward annual dividend yield" of 4.84% of the current stock value. This means that over a year, based on recent payouts (which are sadly no guarantee of future payouts), Blackwall Property shareholders could enjoy a 4.84% return on their shares, in the form of dividend payments. In Blackwall Property's case, that would currently equate to about A$0.07 per share.
Blackwall Property's payout ratio would broadly be considered high, and as such this stock could appeal to those looking to generate an income. Bear in mind however that companies should normally also look to re-invest a decent amount of net profits to ensure future growth.
The latest dividend was paid out to all shareholders who bought their shares by 3 September 2020 (the "ex-dividend date").
Have Blackwall Property's shares ever split?
Blackwall Property's shares were split on a 1:10 basis on 2 March 2015. So if you had owned 10 shares the day before before the split, the next day you'd have owned 1 share. This wouldn't directly have changed the overall worth of your Blackwall Property shares – just the quantity. However, indirectly, the new 900% higher share price could have impacted the market appetite for Blackwall Property shares which in turn could have impacted Blackwall Property's share price.
Blackwall Property share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Blackwall Property's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.925 up to $1.455. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Blackwall Property's is 0.6798. This would suggest that Blackwall Property's shares are less volatile than average (for this exchange).
Blackwall Property overview
Blackwall Property Trust is a real estate investment trust externally managed by BlackWall Fund Services Limited. It invests in the real estate markets across Australia. It primarily invests in the industrial, retail and commercial Australian properties, and unlisted property securities. Blackwall Property Trust is based in Australia.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$51.74
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Australian Fixed Interest Index ETF units.
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$52.98
Steps to owning and managing Vanguard Ethically Conscious Global Aggregate Bond Index (Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$103.81
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Morningstar Global Technology ETF units.
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$23.91
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares Global Quality Leaders (Currency Hedged) ETF units.
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$88.92
Steps to owning and managing ETFS ROBO Global Robotics and Automation ETF units.
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$16.55
Steps to owning and managing ETFS FANG+ ETF units.
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$75.94
Steps to owning and managing ETFS S&P Biotech ETF units.
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$51.3
Steps to owning and managing ETFS Reliance India Nifty 50 ETF units.
How to buy Blackwall Property units | A$9.38
Steps to owning and managing BetaShares India Quality ETF units.
Ask an Expert