How to buy Black Star Petroleum shares | A$0.002
Own Black Star Petroleum shares in just a few minutes.
Black Star Petroleum Limited is an oil & gas e&p business based in Australia. Black Star Petroleum shares (BSP) are listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) and all prices are listed in Australian Dollars. Its last market close was $0.002 – the same closing value as a week prior. Black Star Petroleum has a trailing 12-month revenue of around $30,454.
How to buy shares in Black Star Petroleum
- Compare share trading platforms. To buy shares listed in Australia, you'll need to sign up to a broker with access to the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX). Our table below can help you choose.
- Open and fund your brokerage account. Complete an application with your personal and financial details, like your ID and tax file number. Fund your account with a bank transfer, PayPal or debit card.
- Search for Black Star Petroleum. Find the share by name or ticker symbol: BSP. Research its history to confirm it's a solid investment against your financial goals.
- Purchase now or later. Buy today with a market order or use a limit order to delay your purchase until Black Star Petroleum reaches your desired price. To spread out your risk, look into dollar-cost averaging, which smooths out buying at consistent intervals and amounts.
- Decide on how many to buy. At today's price of $0.002, weigh your budget against a diversified portfolio that can minimise risk through the market's ups and downs.
- Check in on your investment. Congratulations, you own a part of Black Star Petroleum. Optimise your portfolio by tracking how your stock — and even the business — performs with an eye on the long term. You may be eligible for dividends and shareholder voting rights on directors and management that can affect your stock.
What's in this guide?
Black Star Petroleum share priceUse our graph to track the performance of BSP stocks over time.
Black Star Petroleum shares at a glance
|Latest market close||AUDA$0.002|
|52-week range||AUDA$0.002 - AUDA$0.002|
|50-day moving average||AUDA$0.002|
|200-day moving average||AUDA$0.002|
|Dividend yield||N/A (0%)|
|Earnings per share (TTM)||AUDA$-0.0003|
Standard brokerage - Australian shares
Share Trading Account Offer
Competitive broker fees on Australian and international shares
- Brokerage - AU shares: From AUD 5 or 0.05%
- Brokerage - US shares: USD 0
- Sign-up process: Instant
- Support - After hours: Yes
Important: Share trading carries risk of capital loss.
Compare share trading platforms
Is it a good time to buy Black Star Petroleum stock?
The technical analysis gauge below displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation, however. It represents a technical analysis based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
Black Star Petroleum price performance over time
|1 week (2020-09-21)||0.002|
|1 month (2020-08-28)||0.002|
|3 months (2020-06-26)||0.002|
|6 months (2020-03-24)||N/A|
|1 year (2019-09-24)||N/A|
|2 years (2018-09-28)||0.002|
|3 years (2017-09-28)||100.00%|
|5 years (2015-09-28)||100.00%|
Black Star Petroleum financials
|Gross profit TTM||$30,454|
|Return on assets TTM||-203.62%|
|Return on equity TTM||0%|
|Market capitalisation||$1.2 million|
TTM: trailing 12 months
Black Star Petroleum share dividends
We're not expecting Black Star Petroleum to pay a dividend over the next 12 months.
Black Star Petroleum share price volatility
Over the last 12 months, Black Star Petroleum's shares have ranged in value from as little as $0.002 up to $0.002. A popular way to gauge a stock's volatility is its "beta".
Beta is a measure of a share's volatility in relation to the market. The market (AU average) beta is 1, while Black Star Petroleum's is -0.6744. This would suggest that Black Star Petroleum's shares have been inversely-correlated to the average (for this exchange) – so when the broader market trended up or down, Black Star Petroleum has bucked the trend.
Black Star Petroleum overview
Black Star Petroleum Limited does not have significant operations. Previously, it was engaged in the exploration of oil permits. The company is based in Subiaco, Australia.
Frequently asked questions
Ask an Expert